The Student Room Group

Why are people on TSR so rude?

People on this site are really quick to start insulting you and calling you names for no reason. You can report the posts but the same users are still around leaving their toxic comments on other threads.

Scroll to see replies

Tell me about it lmao
Original post by Anonymous
People on this site are really quick to start insulting you and calling you names for no reason. You can report the posts but the same users are still around leaving their toxic comments on other threads.

People only tend to send insults your way if they feel triggered or you have said something to them. At times, most individuals on here like to start arguments for no reason and then claim that "its not their fault and how the mods keep blocking them", the maturity levels of some are quite low than they come across to be.
True dat

Rather than let it carry on, I have taken to reporting the posts without replying to the nasty comments. Only today, I have had 3 threads closed down and a toxic person banned.
I have actually seen some trolls start threads with insults, without any provocation whatsoever, I'm afraid. And some of the targets are people who are liked and respected on TSR.
Original post by ayyyy.x
People only tend to send insults your way if they feel triggered or you have said something to them. At times, most individuals on here like to start arguments for no reason and then claim that "its not their fault and how the mods keep blocking them", the maturity levels of some are quite low than they come across to be.
Original post by Oxford Mum
I have actually seen some trolls start threads with insults, without any provocation whatsoever, I'm afraid. And some of the targets are people who are liked and respected on TSR.

100% and they end up making a numerous accounts and the cycle starts again. Honestly, not much can be done about it but keep blocking them and it is quite easy to provoke those who keep themselves to themselves and help people out on here.
I don't know for them, the cloak of anonymity?

I hope I'm nice! :hugs:
Original post by anonymous
people on this site are really quick to start insulting you and calling you names for no reason. You can report the posts but the same users are still around leaving their toxic comments on other threads.

you are one of them,you pretend to have many identities, you fake your gender,you are a troll,and then you act as if you are the helpless victim and when nice people try to help you, you call them rude!!!!!!!!
You certainly are, Obolinda, I can vouch for that! :adore:
Original post by Obolinda
I don't know for them, the cloak of anonymity?

You give off positive vibes so yeah I think you are
thx guys!:smile:
You certainly are, Obolinda, I can vouch for that! :adore:

Original post by ayyyy.x
You give off positive vibes so yeah I think you are
There are the odd few that let us down, but there's also a bunch of really nice people too.
Just ignore the rude ones, they're not worth talking to.
People like to make up for deficiencies in their real life by acting the big man online, I have probably fallen into this trap once or twice in my time here.
dont understand why you'd want to be rude online like you don't know what someone may be going through and your comment may effect someone really badly and yes i read things a bit too far .. maybe because i've watched alot of videos on cyberbullying and all that but yyhhhh.. idk why they are rude tbh
Midget fever, we must all ignore those on tsr who hate us for no reason, quite right
Original post by ayyyy.x

I think it's good that the mods on this site really crack down on people who break the rules. Some forums, the mods don't care about doing their job properly.
thx guys!:smile:

I agree with the others. You are a very polite user.
dont understand why you'd want to be rude online like you don't know what someone may be going through and your comment may effect someone really badly and yes i read things a bit too far .. maybe because i've watched alot of videos on cyberbullying and all that but yyhhhh.. idk why they are rude tbh

I completely agree with you. As someone who suffers from depression, it really doesn't take much for someone to say something offensive to trigger a depressive mood within me.
True dat

Rather than let it carry on, I have taken to reporting the posts without replying to the nasty comments. Only today, I have had 3 threads closed down and a toxic person banned.

I do the same. Report posts but some users don't seem to care about getting cards.
Some people find pleasure in dropping little hate bombs under the cloak of their avatar, then running away. They may be leaving quite a bit of damage behind, especially if the target is of a sensitive nature

Quick Reply

Latest