The Student Room Group

how to stop being lazy?

i can’t keep making excuses for ma life rn. i’ve realised i’m not unlucky, i just am very lazy. how can i stop? i wanna study, take care of my hygiene and that but i’m so lazy! it’s making me sad lol
I have only ever met two people who I would call lazy, out of all of the people I've ever met, and then only reluctantly to describe a very pervasive pattern of behaviours completely intertwined with their personality, unfortunately.

Does it help calling yourself lazy? Someone might have mental health disorders intimately linked to motivation like anxiety and depression and several other things for that matter.

Most strategies are something to do with breaking things up into smaller pieces, being kind to yourself, rewards and keeping at something for a reasonable period of time. Motivation, in terms of longer term say sustaining for a year or two years, lot of discussion about that and I don't have any insights.
Reply 2
motivation is key. i have the motivation to brush my teeth every morning because i want to have nice looking teeth, no yells from the dentist, etc. i have the motivation to cook for 2 hours because i want to taste the nice food. i have the motivation to get dressed because i want to go out and not look silly in my bed wear.

i do not, though, study as much because i have no motivation for A grades and am happy for B/Cs

so

you need to realise what your aspirations are

if you don't care about being stinky and looking rough then who cares, don't shower !!! it's not a crime. :u:
Original post by marinade
I have only ever met two people who I would call lazy, out of all of the people I've ever met, and then only reluctantly to describe a very pervasive pattern of behaviours completely intertwined with their personality, unfortunately.

Does it help calling yourself lazy? Someone might have mental health disorders intimately linked to motivation like anxiety and depression and several other things for that matter.

Most strategies are something to do with breaking things up into smaller pieces, being kind to yourself, rewards and keeping at something for a reasonable period of time. Motivation, in terms of longer term say sustaining for a year or two years, lot of discussion about that and I don't have any insights.

i have depression but i take pills for that. so i definitely am lazy

i reward myself too much

Original post by Fwd
motivation is key. i have the motivation to brush my teeth every morning because i want to have nice looking teeth, no yells from the dentist, etc. i have the motivation to cook for 2 hours because i want to taste the nice food. i have the motivation to get dressed because i want to go out and not look silly in my bed wear.

i do not, though, study as much because i have no motivation for A grades and am happy for B/Cs

so

you need to realise what your aspirations are

if you don't care about being stinky and looking rough then who cares, don't shower !!! it's not a crime. :u:

i have motivation things i want to do but it still isn’t enough .
Reply 4
Original post by CHANELDIAMONDS

i have motivation things i want to do but it still isn’t enough .

Then tbh, doesn't sound like you do have motivation for the things you want to do!! I pretended for a long time I had the motivation to quit smoking, I watched videos and read a few books, told myself I was motivated and ready, but did I quit? No. and looking back, i really wasn't motivated lol

If you have enough motivation, you will do it/something.
i thought i was lazy and then i realised it was depression lol
Set yourself a little reward when you complete a task/gain some kind of achievement.
It doesn't have to be something massive, but something to keep you going.
Original post by Anonymous
i thought i was lazy and then i realised it was depression lol

i have depression but i’m taking pills for it and still i am the same
Original post by CHANELDIAMONDS
i have depression but i’m taking pills for it and still i am the same

what anti depressant, how long have you been on it for and what dose
Original post by Anonymous
what anti depressant, how long have you been on it for and what dose

setraline 50mg, it just makes me happier and has ruined my sleep schedule

Quick Reply

Latest