The Student Room Group

Relationship dilemma please please help me!!!!

I’ll try and write this as quickly and simply as I can.
I like a guy who is my friend.
He’s single and I think is fully ready for a relationship.
We get on really well and are quite similar.
He has had feelings for one of my friends in the past and potentially still does, but she does not, and will not like him back.
Those two are very good friends, they talk allllllll the time and I think he fancies her but as I say, she doesn’t feel the same.
She knows how I feel and wants me to go for it.

Is it worth telling him how I feel? I don’t wanna be rejected, lose him as a friend or make things awkward. But I can’t shake this feeling of what if?
Reply 1
that is life's biggest question. what if?

i'd say go for it. what you don't want is to wonder 'oh damn, i should have asked when i had the chance'.

now is that chance. take the leap and find out.
Reply 2
Original post by Adz2042
that is life's biggest question. what if?

i'd say go for it. what you don't want is to wonder 'oh damn, i should have asked when i had the chance'.

now is that chance. take the leap and find out.

Do you reckon I tell him straight up I like him or just ask him for coffee or something?
Before anything I have to claim I’m writing this from a boy’s perspective. The best thing is tell him how you feel and u will feel soooo much better afterwards, if he likes u back, great! But if he rejects u, also great, it’s time for u to move on and look for better boys, trust me, boys in high school r all just sexually attracted to girls, very few of them likes girls by personalities. Feel free to ask more questions, I’m happy to help
And if he rejects you, the best way to maintain the friendship is to honestly tell him you don’t want to lose him as a friend
Reply 5
Original post by AbdulakaTony
Before anything I have to claim I’m writing this from a boy’s perspective. The best thing is tell him how you feel and u will feel soooo much better afterwards, if he likes u back, great! But if he rejects u, also great, it’s time for u to move on and look for better boys, trust me, boys in high school r all just sexually attracted to girls, very few of them likes girls by personalities. Feel free to ask more questions, I’m happy to help

Thanks for the reply! Maybe stupidly, I don’t think he’s like that. Obviously he likes attractive girls and my friend is very attractive ahah but I know he cares that girls are kind and funny and smart too. He’s really sweet but has a huge soft spot for my friend. Ugh this is so hard
But does he even like you? I mean you haven't indicated at all he does. Getting on well doesn't mean that. Find out before you do anything. But even if you get a little hint he does?
Then I would say go for it, what's there to loose.

Actually there is something to loose.. :colondollar:

But honestly iv seen to many threads that either its too late to tell significant other they like them or they've been holding it in for too long and the other person who was once interested isn't no longer.
Reply 7
get to know him and ask questions. find out if he wants to meet you for coffee, but kind of imply it to get him to ask you out, rather than you ask him out.
if the coffee 'date' goes well, then mention that you find him attractive or pick out something of his nature / appearance that turns you on.
Original post by Anonymous
Do you reckon I tell him straight up I like him or just ask him for coffee or something?
Reply 8
Original post by HateSchx
But does he even like you? I mean you haven't indicated at all he does. Getting on well doesn't mean that. Find out before you do anything. But even if you get a little hint he does?
Then I would say go for it, what's there to loose.

Actually there is something to loose.. :colondollar:

But honestly iv seen to many threads that either its too late to tell significant other they like them or they've been holding it in for too long and the other person who was once interested isn't no longer.

What do you mean does he even like me? He likes me as a friend if that’s what you mean but I’m not sure if he could fancy me that’s the whole thing aha
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ok so i would confess! even if your rejected, he probably will forget, if you lost him as a friend, well you know, he was never your friend, or perhaps do i what i would do 'haha im just kidding' and go cry to sleep.
He has had feelings for one of my friends in the past and potentially still does, but she does not, and will not like him back.
Those two are very good friends, they talk allllllll the time and I think he fancies her but as I say, she doesn’t feel the same.

Is it worth telling him how I feel? I don’t wanna be rejected, lose him as a friend or make things awkward. But I can’t shake this feeling of what if?
Uhhh like has he indicated that he may fancy you?
What do you mean does he even like me? He likes me as a friend if that’s what you mean but I’m not sure if he could fancy me that’s the whole thing aha
Original post by HateSchx
Uhhh like has he indicated that he may fancy you?

No that’s the thing. But I haven’t to him either
Original post by Coolkitkat23
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ok so i would confess! even if your rejected, he probably will forget, if you lost him as a friend, well you know, he was never your friend, or perhaps do i what i would do 'haha im just kidding' and go cry to sleep.

Honestly it’s taking up so much of my thoughts and time that I’m like I have to tell him just to get closure but it’s scary
Boii liking someone is too much
Chilling at my single sex school here :rolleyes:
No that’s the thing. But I haven’t to him either

Don't live a life of regrets. Make the move and don't look back. Hopefully you can start a blossoming relationship that ends in marriage with loads of children. Good luck.
Original post by Wired_1800
Don't live a life of regrets. Make the move and don't look back. Hopefully you can start a blossoming relationship that ends in marriage with loads of children. Good luck.

Thinking ahead aha! Thanks x
Honestly it’s taking up so much of my thoughts and time that I’m like I have to tell him just to get closure but it’s scary

hey hey easy there! calm down and take a few breathes, dont worry! :smile: Confess, you shouldnt care whether he accepts or rejects, ask why if he doesnt.
No problem! Just go tell him how u feel and see if he likes you back, it’s the best solution. And get over him by talking to other boys if he doesn’t like you back. By doing this you can get more experience with different boys and can possibly make him jealous.
Thanks for the reply! Maybe stupidly, I don’t think he’s like that. Obviously he likes attractive girls and my friend is very attractive ahah but I know he cares that girls are kind and funny and smart too. He’s really sweet but has a huge soft spot for my friend. Ugh this is so hard
Original post by AbdulakaTony
No problem! Just go tell him how u feel and see if he likes you back, it’s the best solution. And get over him by talking to other boys if he doesn’t like you back. By doing this you can get more experience with different boys and can possibly make him jealous.

He’s just so clueless like he doesn’t have that much confidence so I don’t think the possibility of me liking him would cross his mind even if I literally spelled it out for him ahahaha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending