The Student Room Group

Should I suggest drinks or a meal and drinks for a first date?

I met this girl in a bar on holiday, we got chatting and it turns out we live only 15 minutes away from each other. As she was leaving she gave me her number and told me to message her, as she was leaving with her friends she turned around to look at me and smiled (I’m assuming that’s a good sign?)

Anyway I said we’ll have to meet up when we’re home and she said she’d like that. I’ve not been on a date in a while so I’m not sure whether to suggest drinks or a meal and drinks. Which would be better?
Reply 1
How old are you ? If you’re between above 30 I’d take her for a meal but under 30 I’d say take her for drinks then if it goes well suggest a meal
Reply 2
Original post by Keown x
How old are you ? If you’re between above 30 I’d take her for a meal but under 30 I’d say take her for drinks then if it goes well suggest a meal

We’re mid 20’s
Just drinks imo. Meal for a 2nd or 3rd date.
Original post by Anonymous
I met this girl in a bar on holiday, we got chatting and it turns out we live only 15 minutes away from each other. As she was leaving she gave me her number and told me to message her, as she was leaving with her friends she turned around to look at me and smiled (I’m assuming that’s a good sign?)

Anyway I said we’ll have to meet up when we’re home and she said she’d like that. I’ve not been on a date in a while so I’m not sure whether to suggest drinks or a meal and drinks. Which would be better?

Go for drinks and suggest you both get the same drinks you had when you first met so you can remember your holiday :smile:
Reply 5

Easy. Start with drinks then suggest going for a pizza etc!
Drinks. It's more casual.

I suggest a healthy meal of deep fried mars bars num num :P
Also drinks are easier to finish if you guys don't get on as well as initially thought, a meal means you need to sit down and maybe be there for longer than needed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending