The Student Room Group

History A-Level Edexcel Britain Predictions 2019

Any predictions for the 2019 Britain Transformed paper for History on the 21st? AS paper seemed to be exactly what I was predicting for A2, now I have no idea what could come up for us???????????

Scroll to see replies

what date range is this ?
Reply 2
1918-1997
Original post by Ray_Shadows
what date range is this ?
Original post by karo01
1918-1997

see i'm doing AQA changes in modern Britain 1951-2007 , you don't they be similar questions would u
:sad: 1625-1701 :getmecoat:
Reply 5
Original post by I AM GROOT 1
:sad: 1625-1701 :getmecoat:

Same here dude, im just gonna bang out society, economics, glorious and politics (cos bun the religion module its too long)
Original post by alanm12
Same here dude, im just gonna bang out society, economics, glorious and politics (cos bun the religion module its too long)

:five:
I definitely think religions coming up though so i'm worried-its long and all over the place not like politics which is straight forward, along with something on agriculture--nothings come up as of yet.
Reply 7
:five:
I definitely think religions coming up though so i'm worried-its long and all over the place not like politics which is straight forward, along with something on agriculture--nothings come up as of yet.

I mean ofc its gonna come up, but we get a choice between politics or religion right? So assuming you've got politics on lock-down its shouldn't be too difficult. IMO i wouldn't mind an agriculture question because its easier to evaluate significance compared to society. like imagine a question on intellectual thought....wtf are you supposed to use for criteria.
Original post by alanm12
I mean ofc its gonna come up, but we get a choice between politics or religion right? So assuming you've got politics on lock-down its shouldn't be too difficult. IMO i wouldn't mind an agriculture question because its easier to evaluate significance compared to society. like imagine a question on intellectual thought....wtf are you supposed to use for criteria.

My teacher has pointed out that this hasn't always been the case once it was just on politics (section A) and nothing on religion. I hope so though, a question on Charles I is unlikely as it has come up many times. Thats true it would be whether it improved the economy which is pretty straight forward if you think about it, yeah society is meh --last year AS exam we had a question on the Nobility like ugh and royal society and scientific rev--- like what are u meant to say about them

These are my predictions based on whats come up
Reply 9
My teacher has pointed out that this hasn't always been the case once it was just on politics (section A) and nothing on religion. I hope so though, a question on Charles I is unlikely as it has come up many times. Thats true it would be whether it improved the economy which is pretty straight forward if you think about it, yeah society is meh --last year AS exam we had a question on the Nobility like ugh and royal society and scientific rev--- like what are u meant to say about them

These are my predictions based on whats come up

Thanks for the document mate! Appreciate it :smile: And yeah as for the choice of questions, if its all religion in section A then I am well and truly f***ed. Ah well, it doesn't take that long to revise anyways. I can finish economy today, start politics and finish it all tomorrow alongside glorious which isn't very long either.
Original post by alanm12
Thanks for the document mate! Appreciate it :smile: And yeah as for the choice of questions, if its all religion in section A then I am well and truly f***ed. Ah well, it doesn't take that long to revise anyways. I can finish economy today, start politics and finish it all tomorrow alongside glorious which isn't very long either.

No worries :h: happy to help. :lol: same here edexcel don't be so cruel :redface: to us. Yeah i guess so i'm gonna try get through all the themes. Economy i need to go over properly seeing as Dutch wars is possible to come up. GR is straight forward thats why i find it easy you pretty much just need to know the acts passed and the implications. Best of luck to you i'm sure we will be fine :crossedf: as long as religion doesn't screw us over :rofl:
No worries :h: happy to help. :lol: same here edexcel don't be so cruel :redface: to us. Yeah i guess so i'm gonna try get through all the themes. Economy i need to go over properly seeing as Dutch wars is possible to come up. GR is straight forward thats why i find it easy you pretty much just need to know the acts passed and the implications. Best of luck to you i'm sure we will be fine :crossedf: as long as religion doesn't screw us over :rofl:

Thanks bro! Best of luck to you too!
Original post by alanm12
Thanks bro! Best of luck to you too!

(not a guy) :lol: Thanks :h:
Original post by karo01
Any predictions for the 2019 Britain Transformed paper for History on the 21st? AS paper seemed to be exactly what I was predicting for A2, now I have no idea what could come up for us???????????

which topics came up for the AS paper?
Reply 14
From what i remember from the year 12s, there was immigration, popular culture, healthcare and privatisation for thatcher
Original post by fxckalevels
which topics came up for the AS paper?
That's literally what I was predicting for A2!! Do you think they'd have any similar questions?
Original post by karo01
From what i remember from the year 12s, there was immigration, popular culture, healthcare and privatisation for thatcher
normally they have one question from each of the four sections
Original post by karo01
but my teachers told me that the AS paper tends to be unrelated to the A-level paper so it could still come up
Original post by karo01
Reply 18
yeah that's what ive been told too, still a bit worrying though. i think healthcare could still come up, really hoping for decline of deference
Original post by samiyaq
but my teachers told me that the AS paper tends to be unrelated to the A-level paper so it could still come up
I hope there is something on popular culture or on the liberalising laws stuff. do you have any predictions for Thatcher?
Original post by karo01
yeah that's what ive been told too, still a bit worrying though. i think healthcare could still come up, really hoping for decline of deference

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending