The Student Room Group

maths gcse help its tomorrow

the following picture need to create a frequency table but how

Scroll to see replies

and this Screen Shot 2019-05-20 at 3.48.08 PM.png
anyone????????
Original post by richmanswagoh
and this Screen Shot 2019-05-20 at 3.48.08 PM.png

Not the best at Maths but since there are 2 triangles in that diagram and they're both similar triangles. Smaller triangle to Bigger triangle = a: (a+b) same with c: (c+d) I'm not sure where to go from there tho sorry
Original post by Hiro2468
Not the best at Maths but since there are 2 triangles in that diagram and they're both similar triangles. Smaller triangle to Bigger triangle = a: (a+b) same with c: (c+d) I'm not sure where to go from there tho sorry

Oh maybe since when you try to find the scale factor you do the bigger length/Smaller length =SF and since both a : (a+b) and c : (c+d) will equal the same SF then that makes them equal to each other? So it'll then be (a+b)/a = (c+d)/c

I'm really sorry (>_< ) I can try to ask my friend
please do i really need help
Original post by Hiro2468
Oh maybe since when you try to find the scale factor you do the bigger length/Smaller length =SF and since both a : (a+b) and c : (c+d) will equal the same SF then that makes them equal to each other? So it'll then be (a+b)/a = (c+d)/c

I'm really sorry (>_< ) I can try to ask my friend
Screen Shot 2019-05-20 at 3.46.16 PM.png

I’m assuming you don’t have the table that’s meant to be with that question so you should draw one with two rows, the number of goals in the top and the number of games that many goals were scored along the bottom row, then use the information given to start filling in the table :smile:
you have this given
goals I frequency
sorry forgot to include
Original post by imogen28
I’m assuming you don’t have the table that’s meant to be with that question so you should draw one with two rows, the number of goals in the top and the number of games that many goals were scored along the bottom row, then use the information given to start filling in the table :smile:
someone help
you have this given
goals I frequency
sorry forgot to include
anyone???
someone help
anyone???

im trying that one, little stuck asswell
anyone???

so far ive got the total number of goals is 24 as 3x8
So looking at the question, how many matches had 1 goal scored and how many had 3?
no idea :confused:
Original post by imogen28
So looking at the question, how many matches had 1 goal scored and how many had 3?
'The team only scored 1 goal in one game' Which means you can put a 1 in the box next to/under 1 goal as there was one game where that many goals were scored. 'The team scored 3 goals in two games', so you can put a 2 in the box next to 3 goals as there were two games where they scored 3 goals.
Hi guys,
Start with 8 blanks - 8 pieces of data to fill in.. _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
We are going to fill them in in order
Fourth and fifth pieces of data are 3 as 3 is the median and there are 2 games where 3 is scored
5 is the mode so you must have more than 2 of them as otherwise 3 would be the mode as well
so data 6th,7th and 8th are all 5s. so far adds to 21.
Just 1st,2nd and 3rd to fill in now.
as previously said above all data adds to 24 (3=mean x 8). Rest of data adds to 3
1 goal is scored in one game so the other scores must be 2 and 0
Data then looks like 0,1,2,3,3,5,5,5
From this you can fill in the table
Hope this helps.
Good luck tomorrow.
no idea :confused:
im super confused
1. if 3 is the median this means 3 and all values below would sum to four and all values of 4 and above would sum to four since frequency is 8
Original post by Sandraball
Hi guys,
Start with 8 blanks - 8 pieces of data to fill in.. _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
We are going to fill them in in order
Fourth and fifth pieces of data are 3 as 3 is the median and there are 2 games where 3 is scored
5 is the mode so you must have more than 2 of them as otherwise 3 would be the mode as well
so data 6th,7th and 8th are all 5s. so far adds to 21.
Just 1st,2nd and 3rd to fill in now.
as previously said above all data adds to 24 (3=mean x 8). Rest of data adds to 3
1 goal is scored in one game so the other scores must be 2 and 0
Data then looks like 0,1,2,3,3,5,5,5
From this you can fill in the table
Hope this helps.
Good luck tomorrow.
im rlly rlly confused please could you breakdown all the steps
someone help pls

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending