The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
AasklsjjsflJDLS

thts what u get !!!!!!!!
Wrecked.
That f*cking laugh.
Why he doesn't take his jacket off is beyond me.
the unrighteous shall be smitten
as funny as it is to see someone you don't like get hit by milkshake, its also a tragic reminder about the lack of respect each side of our politics currently has for each other.

Before someone points out that things have been thrown at politicians for a long long time - yes, but they were infrequent, and happened once every few years. now its 3-4 times in the past week.

The only reason its milkshakes not punches is because the right has learned to only go around with security. Which in itself is a sad sign of how things have gone.
I'm not a supporter of Farage but this just shows a severe lack of respect. Instead of using intellect nowadays through reasoned debate morons throw milkshakes at people. Grow up you idiots.
well it looks like the milkshake still got him from afar ....okay no...I'll see myself out of here:getmecoat:
Reply 11
Original post by fallen_acorns
as funny as it is to see someone you don't like get hit by milkshake, its also a tragic reminder about the lack of respect each side of our politics currently has for each other.

Before someone points out that things have been thrown at politicians for a long long time - yes, but they were infrequent, and happened once every few years. now its 3-4 times in the past week.

The only reason its milkshakes not punches is because the right has learned to only go around with security. Which in itself is a sad sign of how things have gone.

Farage deserves zero respect. He is a consummate liar and a fraud. He exploits racism to further his own agenda, and he's a massive snob and hypocrite besides.

Still, I can't say I condone this milkshake trend either.
Original post by Dez
Farage deserves zero respect. He is a consummate liar and a fraud. He exploits racism to further his own agenda, and he's a massive snob and hypocrite besides.

Still, I can't say I condone this milkshake trend either.

I think the bottom bit is the key - there is a base level of respect that we should show everyone (including no violence). Above that you are entitled and probably fully justified in giving him 0 more respect, but when we on mass drop below the base level of respect for one and other, dangerous things can happen and people can justify almost anything.
Reply 13
I think the bottom bit is the key - there is a base level of respect that we should show everyone (including no violence). Above that you are entitled and probably fully justified in giving him 0 more respect, but when we on mass drop below the base level of respect for one and other, dangerous things can happen and people can justify almost anything.

I'd say it's tolerance more than respect. These protesters have definitely crossed a line, this isn't even civil disobedience any more, it is as you say, a violent act.
Reply 14
Which side of the aisle are you aiming said comment? I ask for clarity here as it goes quite nicely both ways.

In fairness he is one of the root causes of this latest epidemic.

I count one politician whose had anything thrown at him? The only 2 who even might vaguely meet said definiton messrs Yaxley-Lennon and Anning can hardly be called politicians as opposed to professional fascists. In which instance they're lucky they got off with an egg and a milkshake respectively.

Probably more because they have a reputation as violent and battering people to be honest...
It's sad to see political violence is now being endorsed by radicals who cannot accept others who have a difference in opinion. Welcome to Great Britain's democracy in 2019. If you support politicians being attacked whether that be Jacob Rees Mogg being abused while with his son or the likes of Farage being hit with milkshakes, will you continue to support someone going extreme to actually inflicting serious harm on politicians?
(edited 4 years ago)
Whoever did this is my new hero.
Brilliant. He deserved every bit of it.
Reply 18
Really? Would you care to give an example please? I'm not sure throwing a milkshake counts as 'trying to shut down free speech' as opposed to general hooliganism.
don't really know much about this guy,
why is he so hated?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending