The Student Room Group

OCR Psychology Research Methods 20th May 2019

This poll is closed

How did you find the exam?

Great!30%
Meh56%
Looks like i’m resitting 14%
Total votes: 64
Anyone have any predictions on what could come up?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No idea, the AS paper looked pretty decent.
i think the 15 marker will either be correlation or experiments
Reply 3
thats what everyone has said, i hope its not correlation im terrible at the 15 markers on them
Original post by ijustwannapass22
i think the 15 marker will either be correlation or experiments
me too tbh. how do u feel about core studies and applied?
Reply 5
core studies i feel okayish with but applied not at all.
me too tbh. how do u feel about core studies and applied?
The section C question that asked us to give conclusions about the data was weird

Original post by fikunrea
No idea, the AS paper looked pretty decent.
How did it go???
Reply 8
Original post by Yasmin.jade2343
How did it go???

Was literally exactly the same as last year paper and practice paper from this year so not bad.
Reply 9
I was glad it was correlation as that’s what i’d mainly focused on. the only bit that i didn’t like was the nominal data questions, i just hadn’t really looked at strengths and weaknesses of these, and also i struggled to write enough for 6 marks on the conclusions of the bins question. but still i think i did reasonably well ?? maybe
Original post by Yasmin.jade2343
How did it go???
what did u guys say for the question about the design of the study and how it increased generalisability?
Reply 11
i said if it was matched pairs it would increase generalisability as having matched pairs helps to reduce individual differences as each participant is matched with someone of similar characteristics etc
what did u guys say for the question about the design of the study and how it increased generalisability?
how was it matched pairs?
Original post by beckiecp
i said if it was matched pairs it would increase generalisability as having matched pairs helps to reduce individual differences as each participant is matched with someone of similar characteristics etc
Generally found the paper okay, bloody loved that 15 marker although I know I’ve messed up on the generalisability one lol. For the graph question, how many bars did people draw? I only drew two since it asked for the overall number, but some people I know drew 4 so idk at this point.
Reply 14
it didn't state what it was?
Original post by chinster
how was it matched pairs?
Oh yeet I did 4. Probably incorrect but at least I'll get Mark's for labelling it correctly.
Original post by DiamondFlames
Generally found the paper okay, bloody loved that 15 marker although I know I’ve messed up on the generalisability one lol. For the graph question, how many bars did people draw? I only drew two since it asked for the overall number, but some people I know drew 4 so idk at this point.
Paper was good, didn't get the type 1 and 2 error questions right though
Reply 17
I did 4, one for males w steps, males w/o steps, female w steps female w/o steps.
Original post by DiamondFlames
wow! that was dreadful. messed up both nominal data questions, both secondary data questions, and the design question. also really scared i accidentally wrote participants in the observation conclusions question. actually about to cry, ngl
What are your grade predictions ?
Original post by kirigiri
wow! that was dreadful. messed up both nominal data questions, both secondary data questions, and the design question. also really scared i accidentally wrote participants in the observation conclusions question. actually about to cry, ngl

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending