The Student Room Group

**CCEA A2 Level Exams 2019 - Thread for discussing thought/predictions etc **

Scroll to see replies

i hope so too

but if I recall correctly I think last year's A21 was harder compared to this one
Original post by 134841422
same - i need that A desperately
I don't intend on giving this paper a 3rd time

You wont be allowed a 3rd attempt since your capped to only one resit. You would have to start the whole A level again.
Original post by Sharpshooter
You wont be allowed a 3rd attempt since your capped to only one resit. You would have to start the whole A level again.

RIP me then

hope I ace this
RIP me then

hope I ace this

Sounds like you've done at least as well as me, the grade boundaries are just the big mystery here.
Sounds like you've done at least as well as me, the grade boundaries are just the big mystery here.

fingers crossed

time to prep for the one on friday then
For Plasma heating

High frequency Em waves are an auxiliary heating method and used when the temperature of the plasma is already extremely high

A particles just talked about their mass and how they experience the strong nuclear force etc
Original post by Aj2001brah
For Plasma heating

High frequency Em waves are an auxiliary heating method and used when the temperature of the plasma is already extremely high

A particles just talked about their mass and how they experience the strong nuclear force etc

wots this about? when did we have to talk about strong nuclear force?

I talked about radio frequency heating and ion cyclotron resonance heating for ions and ECRH for electrons
and mentioned the frequencies used - 45-55MHz for ions and 190GHz for electrons
It asked about their penetration. I just knew that electrons don’t experience it and therefore can be used to penetrate close to the nucleus but a particles do and therefore have weak penetration ability.

Alpha particles experience a slight deflection in magnetic and electric fields due to their mass. They occur as a result of radioactive decay (ejection of a helium nucleus) . Poor range in air as they collide with air particles and lose KE etc
It asked about their penetration. I just knew that electrons don’t experience it and therefore can be used to penetrate close to the nucleus but a particles do and therefore have weak penetration ability.

Alpha particles experience a slight deflection in magnetic and electric fields due to their mass. They occur as a result of radioactive decay (ejection of a helium nucleus) . Poor range in air as they collide with air particles and lose KE etc

damn I forgot about the loss of ke by collision part
Dont worry. Everyone here saying they got 1.40 for the tension and it was easy

Here’s me doing sin/cos and all getting 40 something i think so **** that

The first question was aidsy, they asked for K in Nmm-1 ans the graph it was 1/gradient then you had to calculate the young modulus so had to go and change it to M again and took me ages lmao
(edited 4 years ago)
What were you supposed to write for the mass of the molecule?

Wrote PV = (1/3)Nm<c^2> but couldn't figure it out since I didn't have Volume, only lost 2 marks but it annoyed me.
3/2 kt = 1/2 mv2 you had t and v2
Dont worry. Everyone here saying they got 1.40 for the tension and it was easy

Here’s me doing sin/cos and all getting 40 something i think so **** that

The first question was aidsy, they asked for K in Nmm-1 ans the graph it was 1/gradient then you had to calculate the young modulus so had to go and change it to M again and took me ages lmao

yeah I thought we had to use sine cosine too - but they didn't ask for the angle - so a simple a^2 + b^2 would have sufficed

yeah the first question was a bit annoying - they tried to trick you but good thing we caught it
they also tried to trick you into thinking the diameter was 40mm rather than 0.4mm
What were you supposed to write for the mass of the molecule?

Wrote PV = (1/3)Nm<c^2> but couldn't figure it out since I didn't have Volume, only lost 2 marks but it annoyed me.

6.6somethingx10^-27 i think
can someone help me count all the questions -I'm feeling a bit paranoid that maybe i forgot to do one

1. Deformation of solids
2. Circular motion
3. SHM
4. That weird question with the aluminum block
6. maybe the question about the 150 million Kelvin temp.
7. p = 1/3 pc^2 questions
8. Alpha particle 6 marker QWC question
9. Radioactivity/Decay + synoptic part in end

what were the other 2 on
(edited 4 years ago)
What did you sraw for the KE graph?

Was it positive cycles only because it’s v^2 ?
What did you sraw for the KE graph?

straight line through origin with Kelvin temp on x axis
I mean the Ke graph for the pendulum
straight line through origin with Kelvin temp on x axis
I mean the Ke graph for the pendulum

my bad

I basically drew the same thing as for the velocity graph except my line didn't dip below x - axis at any time
it increased and decreased regularly above x axis
Same thank god dont think a lot of people (ones not on here lol) woulda got that
my bad

I basically drew the same thing as for the velocity graph except my line didn't dip below x - axis at any time
it increased and decreased regularly above x axis

Quick Reply

Latest