The Student Room Group

OCR A Level Paper 2: Exploring Physics A 24th May General Discussion

Any predictions / general chat etc

Scroll to see replies

Maybe some light rays on critical angles etc..
Thinking magnetic fields 6 marker, wasn't much magnetic fields last year
thats what im thinking too, or potential dividers... the dreaded beast that they are
Original post by B0redBrioche
Reply 4
Yeah me too
just looking through last years paper 2- literally no electric field questions
Are you kidding, there was a whole question on magnetic fields in paper 2 and there was a question on them in paper 3 as well, including a six mark question. No electric fields at all in papers 2 or 3 last year so they have to come up this year
Reply 7
I really don't want to see any major x-ray questions come up but I have the worst hunch it's gonna be there :/
Reply 8
What are you guys doing to revise the next few days?
Reply 9
Just doing papers to be honest, using the old spec G482 and G485 to consolidate knowledge then the available new spec papers to see what I can do in timed conditions.
I agree, I feel like in recent years they’ve touched on PET and CAT scanners a lot but haven’t spoken about gamma cameras, x-rays or ultrasound very much - I think these are contenders for the medical physics part of Friday’s paper, should it come up.
Original post by Myrtey
I really don't want to see any major x-ray questions come up but I have the worst hunch it's gonna be there :/
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 11
I agree
Original post by willfoot89
I agree, I feel like I’m recent years they’ve touched on PET and CAT scanners a lot but haven’t spoken about gamma cameras, x-rays or ultrasound very much - I think these are contenders for the medical physics part of Friday’s paper, should it come up.
great, i hate electric fields so much
IMO, they are better than magnetic fields
Original post by DarkLink
great, i hate electric fields so much
i guess, but only relatively speaking- the whole topic is just hellish.
not to even mention those hand laws i dont think ive ever known when to use the left or right or my foot or anything
IMO, they are better than magnetic fields
LMAO, left hand rule for direction when you have 2 of force, magnetic field and conventional current to find the missing one. Right hand rule in the same way would be used for electromagnetic induction but it is not needed due to Lenz’s law
Original post by DarkLink
i guess, but only relatively speaking- the whole topic is just hellish.
not to even mention those hand laws i dont think ive ever known when to use the left or right or my foot or anything
wasnt one hand for a current carrying conductor and one was for a conductor placed in a mag field? i have a distant memory of something like that
LMAO, left hand rule for direction when you have 2 of force, magnetic field and conventional current to find the missing one. Right hand rule in the same way would be used for electromagnetic induction but it is not needed due to Lenz’s law
Reply 17
Original post by Myrtey

Ultrasound is more likely to be examined this year I believe
I suspect that waves are going to come up. And most likely quantum physics of some kind, and without a doubt, magnetic and electric fields will come up. Also, so will capacitors. And medical physics.
hmm, dunno about that capacitors one- capacitors was a huge chunk in paper 2, and it was the 6 marker
Original post by RedGiant
I suspect that waves are going to come up. And most likely quantum physics of some kind, and without a doubt, magnetic and electric fields will come up. Also, so will capacitors. And medical physics.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending