The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

¿Where do Imperial rejects go for mechanical engieering

I have been rejected at Imperial and I am wondering where to go now. I am an international student and don't really know how other unis are. I have been accepted into UCL, Bristol, Bath and Leeds.
Maybe UCL? Although engineering isn't its strongest department, the name brand is definitely more powerful than the other unis you listed.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by Galopg
I have been rejected at Imperial and I am wondering where to go now. I am an international student and don't really know how other unis are. I have been accepted into UCL, Bristol, Bath and Leeds.

Bath is an incredibly beautiful city.It is a campus university while UCL and Bristol is a city university something to keep in mind.I recommend visiting, which really helped me choose my firm and insurance.
Reply 3
Yes, I was thinking the same. Eventhough engineering isnt their strongest department the overall reputation of the uni is really good.

I think that this is really important specially if I want to study abroad later on.
Original post by DeltaEpsilonPhi
Maybe UCL? Although engineering isn't its strongest department, the name brand is definitely more powerful than the other unis you listed.
Reply 4
Yes, I have visited Bath and Bristol and they were cool places. Bath was more beautiful and calm with a great campus and Bristol looked as a vibrant and interesting city but I think nothing can compare to living in London.

Do you know how is the UCL mech eng campus? Is it well situated within the city? Is it a nice place to study?
Original post by Anonymous1502
Bath is an incredibly beautiful city.It is a campus university while UCL and Bristol is a city university something to keep in mind.I recommend visiting, which really helped me choose my firm and insurance.
Reply 5
Either UCL or Bristol, imo.
Original post by Galopg
Yes, I have visited Bath and Bristol and they were cool places. Bath was more beautiful and calm with a great campus and Bristol looked as a vibrant and interesting city but I think nothing can compare to living in London.

Do you know how is the UCL mech eng campus? Is it well situated within the city? Is it a nice place to study?

I visited UCL and I wasn't too impressed they rely too much on their reputation and don't really try at their open days and don't really try to sell it to you.A lot of the buildings are quite ugly and old especially neuroscience buildings.Not sure about engineering though.
They are all considered amazing unit wherever you decide to go it will be amazing.Pick a place where you see yourself living for the next 3 years.
there all good unis, you should look at location, do you want to be in/near london? as well as the course specifics and the university facilities

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending