The Student Room Group

Sociology paper 1 A level exam predictions

Does anyone have any exam predictions for the A level sociology paper 1 exam on wednesday I'm really stuck...help

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
My teacher thinks that the 30 marker is going to be on educational policies
Original post by Isobel728
Does anyone have any exam predictions for the A level sociology paper 1 exam on wednesday I'm really stuck...help
Reply 2
Thanks, I didn't realise there was a 30 marker
Original post by Poz68955
My teacher thinks that the 30 marker is going to be on educational policies
Reply 3
What exam board do you have for sociology??
Reply 4
AQA
What exam board do you have for sociology??
Reply 5
B88BE5F9-27CE-4D93-A1D8-612CC489D861.jpeg
This may be helpful
My teacher said there’s going to be something on ethnicity and education. My teacher also thought educational policies might be the 30 marker. But just revise everything just in case 😊
Reply 7
Thanks, I haven't done much revision so lets just hope for me it will be a good paper
B88BE5F9-27CE-4D93-A1D8-612CC489D861.jpeg
This may be helpful
Reply 8
I haven’t done much revision either, so I'm kinda hoping it’s a good paper too 😂😂
Thanks, I haven't done much revision so lets just hope for me it will be a good paper
Reply 9
Okay thanks, I'm trying to get through everything but there is just so much content for sociology, I'm really hoping there is a question on ehtnicity and education
Original post by Imshiningsolo
My teacher said there’s going to be something on ethnicity and education. My teacher also thought educational policies might be the 30 marker. But just revise everything just in case 😊
Reply 10
I know the majority of the class differences in educational achievement and ethnicity, I'm hoping I can guess some of the answers but I'm really stuck on all of the research methods
I haven’t done much revision either, so I'm kinda hoping it’s a good paper too 😂😂
What did your teacher say would be on the theory and method and methods in context?
My teacher said METHODS IN CONTEXT -
Diaries, Ofsted reports, Covert observations, Questionnaires, THEORIES Social Action Theory and Feminism. What did your teacher say
My teacher was not very helpful and said it could be on anything, which is why i was curious about what you teacher had to say. BTW thank you this is really helpful
Reply 14
Questionnaires would be a good topic and so would covert observations, what do you mean by diaries is it as in like diaries as a type of secondary data source?
My teacher said METHODS IN CONTEXT -
Diaries, Ofsted reports, Covert observations, Questionnaires, THEORIES Social Action Theory and Feminism. What did your teacher say
Reply 15
Guys im really worried if the 30 marker for education ends up being on educational policies! I have no idea how to answer it, please help!
My teacher was not very helpful and said it could be on anything, which is why i was curious about what you teacher had to say. BTW thank you this is really helpful

Your welcome. Good luck with the rest of your revision.
Questionnaires would be a good topic and so would covert observations, what do you mean by diaries is it as in like diaries as a type of secondary data source?

Yeah diaries which is secondary data
Thank you and good luck to you too
Original post by sunny45
Guys im really worried if the 30 marker for education ends up being on educational policies! I have no idea how to answer it, please help!

If a 30 marker came up on educational policies I would talk about the following things:
Tripartite system
Comprehensive schooling’s
Labour policies such as EMA
Conservative policies
Coalition government policies such as free schools, academies
Then just link this to theories, examples and other knowledge.
Finally the two criticisms of educational policies

Quick Reply

Latest