The Student Room Group

A Level History Edexcel - Germany and West Germany 1918-89

Hey Guys, exam coming up in a few days. What are your predictions for the questions this year?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Systems or nature of government as a comparison question.

Comparing support for democracy in Weimar and FRG

An oposition comparison question

An FRG focused question for Section B

Adenauer Section A

Reasons Weimar or FRG survived challenges?

Maybe ethnic minorities somewhere?
Reply 2
Original post by bmgrace

An oposition comparison question.?

Thanks for the reply what do you mean by this if you don’t mind me asking
Reply 3
Original post by H. Mussa

Comparing anti-government protest / the nature of opposition across the periods or one during one period
Original post by H. Mussa

comparing opposition in the different periods e.g. 'to what extent was opposition in nazi Germany different to do that under Wiemar'
Reply 5
Original post by israelnwisi14
comparing opposition in the different periods e.g. 'to what extent was opposition in nazi Germany different to do that under Wiemar'

Yes or having it feature in a Section A facotrs question
I think we might get a comparison of education question aswell cuz there hasn't been anything on education in section A or B the last 2 years
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 7
I think we might get a comparison of education question aswell cuz there hasn't been anything on education in section A or B the last 2 years

There also hasn’t been anything on ethnic minorities EVER.
wow, so that should almost certainly come up then
Original post by bmgrace
There also hasn’t been anything on ethnic minorities EVER.
Reply 9
wow, so that should almost certainly come up then

The only is, what would they ask? I doubt they would compare Nazis to another period as that’s a bit, not insensitive but kind of weird? Could just be on Nazi racial policy or on Weimar to FRG? Who knows

Maybe even Weimar women and Ethnic Minorities together?
yeah weimar vs. FRG is more likely I think since they usually only compare 2 periods and either period against Nazi would be almost too straightforward, not that i'd complain lol, FRG ethnic minorities vs. Nazi would actually be pretty good
Original post by bmgrace
The only is, what would they ask? I doubt they would compare Nazis to another period as that’s a bit, not insensitive but kind of weird? Could just be on Nazi racial policy or on Weimar to FRG? Who knows

Maybe even Weimar women and Ethnic Minorities together?
yeah weimar vs. FRG is more likely I think since they usually only compare 2 periods and either period against Nazi would be almost too straightforward, not that i'd complain lol, FRG ethnic minorities vs. Nazi would actually be pretty good

FRG and Nazi would be quite interesting because although it’s straight forward, there are small parallels imo
think it's fair to say those predictions came in handy. Don't think I've been so happy to see the words 'ethnic minorities'
No worries guys! Beautiful paper
Reply 14
Imagine I was going to go to sleep and not revise FRG the night before, best decision of my life to revise it. Amazing paper overall. What did you guys write for Question 1A the Weimar Question?
Original post by KanwarV
Imagine I was going to go to sleep and not revise FRG the night before, best decision of my life to revise it. Amazing paper overall. What did you guys write for Question 1A the Weimar Question?

Named factor and then as a counter I did evidence that there was support for democracy and then how economic factors were more significant and how they actually contribute to a lack of support for democracy
Reply 16
I wrote about Left wing support and Right wing support leading to lack of support for democracy and support for these groups then I countered the question and wrote about early economic problems before stressman and economic problems during the Great Depression after Stressmen. Concluded against the Source with Great Depression as main reason and economic issues
Reply 17
Named factor and then as a counter I did evidence that there was support for democracy and then how economic factors were more significant and how they actually contribute to a lack of support for democracy

Is my answer above good?
Original post by KanwarV
Is my answer above good?

Yeah it sounds like a strong answer, better than mine cuz at first when I saw the question I was kind of shook and I couldn’t remember any points for economic or for support of democracy so I wasted a bit of time, so my answer was kinda rushed
Original post by KanwarV
Is my answer above good?

I reckon my strongest answer was section B I think overall I’ve probably got like 14,16,15 on A B and C

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending