The Student Room Group
Sounds like a scam. At some point you're going to have to give him your bank details.
Reply 2
yes
Original post by Anonymous
Hey guys

So basically this dude messaging me asking if I want to make 4K minimum. He said all I had to do was meet up with a guy, he puts 10K in my account, I go to Carphone Warehouse and buy an iPhone X, draw the rest of the money out and then give it back to "the guy" and he gives me a share? Idk??? Help???

I'm poor????

100% a scam. People like that are clever and can scam you without you realising until its too late.
Reply 4
Original post by ayyyy.x
100% a scam. People like that are clever and can scam you without you realising until its too late.

Can I report it to the police with just a Snapchat?
Can I report it to the police with just a Snapchat?

If you have evidence of the chat then yes you can. You need to be sure if you want to take it further as reporting it to the police.
Reply 6
Take the money and dip
Of course it's a scam. Why would anyone just give you a large sum of money, and contact you by text to do so? Just block the number and move on.
Reply 8
something similar almost happened to me. its a scam
Reply 9
sounds like money laundering personally, thats the scam a couple of people i know of run to launder drug money
Google CIFAS marker in these forums... that's what you'll get if you go along with It, it's not just a scam it's illegal.
Hey guys

So basically this dude messaging me asking if I want to make 4K minimum. He said all I had to do was meet up with a guy, he puts 10K in my account, I go to Carphone Warehouse and buy an iPhone X, draw the rest of the money out and then give it back to "the guy" and he gives me a share? Idk??? Help???

I'm poor????

dont even think about it. Yes it is tempting but dont.
there will be severe concequences in the future and itll cost you way more than 4K.
forget it
close the deal.
Hey guys

I'm poor????

As others said, this is definitely a money laundering operation.
idk what that means but I'll Google it
A cifas marker is a fraudulent marker that will be issued on your file and freeze your financial abilities for a maximum of 6 years or if the matter was ongoing, you could be looking at a lifetime of no bank account, mortgages, insurances etc....
I stupidly became victim to fraud and now I'm stuck with a cifas and the bank I'm dealing with are taking forever and the success rate of erasing your marker if issued with one and telling the bank the story about using the money in carphone warehouse will mean 0% success quite literally in removing it. So don't be stupid please and block them

Because once you get the cifas marker, much of your independence is jailed. But then you could be placed in jail for fraudulently purchasing products over the desk. CCTV will show your cooperating in store and you'll essentially be the bigger criminal in this case. If you need financial help, seek citizens advice or find a job.
idk what that means but I'll Google it
Hey guys

I'm poor????

Defo a scam sounds like it’s a phone job
don't! it seems to be
Definitely a scam
Reply 18
you are screwed if you do it. not only will the bank come after you for the 10k stop you having credit or banking for 6 years the fraud with the phone gets you a trip to the courts were if your lucky you will get a community pay back order a fine or jail and a record. just learn nothing is free most defiantly a stranger or friend offering you large amounts of cash,

Latest

Trending

Trending