The Student Room Group

Scam modeling alert!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hsissi
Please tell me what have you done? What was the outcome, I need to take action I have been a victim of booking management and TMMC

I also need to take action. What can I do please. They took £500 from me
Please can you let me know what you have done as they took £500 off my credit card and now when I call, they are saying that they will call later and then they don’t. I was made to believe that as well and mine juss happened recently on the 16th of May 2019. These pole are scums, they juss take ur money and watch u leave knowing what they are doing. I hope karma comes back to haunt them because I’m a struggling single parent of two children who is surviving on maternity pay and they had the nerve to take that lot knowingly. I have called I have send emails I have done all sorts, they are ignoring me.

Original post by Hsissi
Please tell me what have you done? What was the outcome, I need to take action I have been a victim of booking management and TMMC

Original post by sbd123
Hi Jana and others - I have also been a victim of a scam with Bookings Management (who include the website link of Models Standard in their emails) - I was duped into signing a contract and paying £2000 (!!!) for an exclusive package and then heard nothing about the package or about the shoot I was promised to get which would pay me back that amount (they made it sound like i was 'investing' into my modeling career and that I am 'guaranteed' the money back after I go to this shoot that is reserved for me the second I sign the contract that pays £2800).

This all happened to me on March 10th 2019, and since then i've been trying to get ahold of the guy who I made the payment with (Ryan Malik) with fail.

So my question to you is - Have you managed to do anything about this, for e.g. reporting it, getting your money back, or going back to the studio (I had gone to Abbey Rd Studio at 1st Floor, Unimix House, Abbey Road , Park Royal, London NW10 7TR)

I am keen to do something about this as it was a lot of money that I cant afford not to have. Please let me know if you have any advice or direction (that doesnt involve me spending any more money!)

Thanks!
Please can you let me know what you have done as they took £500 off my credit card and now when I call, they are saying that they will call later and then they don’t. I was made to believe that as well and mine juss happened recently on the 16th of May 2019. These pole are scums, they juss take ur money and watch u leave knowing what they are doing. I hope karma comes back to haunt them because I’m a struggling single parent of two children who is surviving on maternity pay and they had the nerve to take that lot knowingly. I have called I have send emails I have done all sorts, they are ignoring me.

Original post by Hsissi

Original post by sbd123
Hi Jana and others - I have also been a victim of a scam with Bookings Management (who include the website link of Models Standard in their emails) - I was duped into signing a contract and paying £2000 (!!!) for an exclusive package and then heard nothing about the package or about the shoot I was promised to get which would pay me back that amount (they made it sound like i was 'investing' into my modeling career and that I am 'guaranteed' the money back after I go to this shoot that is reserved for me the second I sign the contract that pays £2800).

This all happened to me on March 10th 2019, and since then i've been trying to get ahold of the guy who I made the payment with (Ryan Malik) with fail.

So my question to you is - Have you managed to do anything about this, for e.g. reporting it, getting your money back, or going back to the studio (I had gone to Abbey Rd Studio at 1st Floor, Unimix House, Abbey Road , Park Royal, London NW10 7TR)

I am keen to do something about this as it was a lot of money that I cant afford not to have. Please let me know if you have any advice or direction (that doesnt involve me spending any more money!)

Thanks!
Did they answer you?
Original post by Hsissi
Everyone victim of modeling scam in addition to report to fraud action. Send an email to [email protected]

(Employement agency standards inspectorate) they have new law on buying a portfolio and want to cancel within 30 days cooling period.Explain all details. I am still waiting for an answer they said it takes 15 days to get back an email
Received another company wsnt to charge me again for pictures in the portfolio
Hi guysMy housemate came back today and told me how she almost got scammed and just how cunning and smooth talking the guy there was. She really had to fight to leave and not pay any money. She asked for time to think about it and he told her there would be an extra fee of £150 for every day she thinks about whether or not she wants to join and pay the ridiculous fee. The emails and way they talk disgusts me, making people believe that they are the 'chosen one.' he told her that they had seen 10-15 people in the last three days and that they were only taking three (********) and she was in the top three. HA. Anywho, I'm a videographer, and might be in touch again if I think there's a possibility to make a mini doc about this company and tell some of your stories and see if we can get someone like Vice to publish it.
I reported to my bank, then the EASI then fraud team I will be calling advice citizen tomorrow. All are saying, they will get back to me.
Original post by Shann1918
Did they answer you?
EASI said that they can’t do nothing, my bank and moment they can’t do nothing more prove they want I just have a sheet that I signed!! I just need to forget and go on with my life the money is not coming back at all! I think we need to have a group of people with all the evidence to take them down otherwise they will still scams other people
Original post by Monique808080
I reported to my bank, then the EASI then fraud team I will be calling advice citizen tomorrow. All are saying, they will get back to me.
Reply 48
If you paid by card U can raise a dispute with your bank ! Go and tell them everything
Original post by Mjayy
Please help me and my friend have just been scammed out of £200 each and are unsure what to do now, will we be able to get our money back?
I just went today there agency called allmodlesanted uk booking management are u talking about them ???
My bank wanted some more information details of what happened and what I did myself to get the money back. I included some links and all the emails that they send me. Three weeks after the scum. I will be updating if anything or nothing.
Reply 51
Hi I signed up with phase one management after sending a picture online they called me two days later telling me booking team will contact me I received a text message from some person called Melissa asking me to have a photo shoot with a date/time organised I excepted but asked if an email could be sent to me. I then received email from M Models with date/time and location which stated skyline studio in London at 5:15 pm. I’m not sure if phase one and M model are legit. Can anyone help!
try looking on there website and social media and find real people that are signed with them eg look at there tags/follows to see if real models are signed with them. Also just google the name of the company with 'scam' after it to see if anything comes up. But be aware that a lot of times these companies will just change there name after a while to run from there bad image. And number one rule, never pay for anything! you shouldnt need to pay for an agency fee or audition fee or anything like that!
If you are looking for legit agencies try ones like STORM and IMG, IMG models has a great campaign to find new models, and you can just submit through there website. If your trying to find legit agencies then google search models agencies eg 'Gigi Hadid agency' and look at them, then you know they are legit!
Original post by Slim233
Hi I signed up with phase one management after sending a picture online they called me two days later telling me booking team will contact me I received a text message from some person called Melissa asking me to have a photo shoot with a date/time organised I excepted but asked if an email could be sent to me. I then received email from M Models with date/time and location which stated skyline studio in London at 5:15 pm. I’m not sure if phase one and M model are legit. Can anyone help!
Help needed please
Reply 54
they make me pay £400 they told me that 3 big companies accepted me straight away and one of them is Calvin Klein so I paid the £400 and then I never had I reply from them I tried to call them they blocked my phone number so please I need help what can I do?
Reply 55
Hi , my son contacted a company called allmodelswanted.com, which funny enough has a studio in Camden and Manchester also.I don't know if this is related but i have canceled the appointment.
Reply 56
Original post by Monique808080

Hello All,
Please be careful about "modelling platforms" which invite you to a "free" photo shoot, then promise lucrative contracts, paying thousands, charge you for a "modelling portfolio" and then go quiet. My daughter was contacted by UR Models, then invited to New York Fashion at 199 Wardour Street, we paid £2000 for the portfolio, as we were promised that we would cover this cost within 2-3 weeks from the job offers they were going to send us. Then we were contacted by TMMC, who wanted to charge us another £120 for "membership". They are all SCAMMERS!!! Please beware. I want to spread the word, I do not want anyone to be scammed like us.
Please can you tell me how to report it??I just had the same experience with them today
Reply 58
Try to speak with your bank ASAP, they might be able to help. Report to Action Fraud and BBC Watchdog- the more people report it the more chances of stopping those people.
Best of Luck!
it’s just bizarre!!!!!!
She texted her mate apparently to pretend that is the manager so a female called me with no caller ID APPARENTLY!!! saying all sorts of non sense.After she chased me out of the place she banged the door behind me and she even sent me an email just saying “ffff” as in f... off I suppose.....
Original post by Foxy001
Try to speak with your bank ASAP, they might be able to help. Report to Action Fraud and BBC Watchdog- the more people report it the more chances of stopping those people.
Best of Luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending