The Student Room Group

Im scared that im going to fail my maths gsce! what should i do????????

I'm scared that I'm going to fail my GCSES maths paper 1 exam tomorrow , I feel so stressed out, when ever some one talks about the maths exam all I do is start crying, I keep revising everyday, I go tuition I just hope that I get a C ( grade 4 ) I'm so terrible at maths at school, math is my weakest subject I have always struggled with it. I feel like such a failure. I honestly don't want to resit maths again, not that its a bad thing but I just want it over and done with so I focus on other stuff you get me? please can some one give me some advice and help thank you :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Just do you best, that is all you can do. Yes you can resit in November or much later in life. Try and relax as much as you can. Best of luck.
Revise and do the best you can, u do fall fighting, never give up!! :smile:
Reply 3
I think we shouldn't have to do exams
its not about the highest grades its about who wants it the most and who is actually trying. everyone in the country feels like you, its about whos bothered, not whos the smartest
dfsdfdsf.PNGSame I wish that too, but It all started because of this man, Who was to first to suggest exams: Henry Fischel
Maths was always my weakest subject in lower school. my advice would be take your time in the exam, read through the questions carefully and if you don’t know one, don’t panic just move on and come back to it. Just keep reminding yourself it’s not the end of the world! You’ll be fine, good luck!
Reply 7
Or just don't do the exam like I aint
Reply 8
What a roadman
Original post by a1.loose
Or just don't do the exam like I aint
Reply 9
Original post by hadiqaax
I'm scared that I'm going to fail my GCSES maths paper 1 exam tomorrow , I feel so stressed out, when ever some one talks about the maths exam all I do is start crying, I keep revising everyday, I go tuition I just hope that I get a C ( grade 4 ) I'm so terrible at maths at school, math is my weakest subject I have always struggled with it. I feel like such a failure. I honestly don't want to resit maths again, not that its a bad thing but I just want it over and done with so I focus on other stuff you get me? please can some one give me some advice and help thank you :smile:

Don't feel nervous , you did as much as you can and now you just have to write on paper ! Fighting !
literally same im stressing so much, i never get over 30/80, a 5, for paper 1 yet im predicted an 8...
my advice is to quickly go over the questions that are 4, 5, or 6 marks. dont worry about the small ones, because even getting full marks on the last 2 questions can actually bump u up a grade or two.
also leave extra time at the end to check through your answers because u dont wanna lose silly marks!
:smile:
Reply 11
Just stay calm and do little revision at a time. Trust me you’ll know most of it when you get there, most of its knowledge already there but you just need the right questions to bring it out. Take each question like a normal exercise in class and you’ll succeed. Good luck and keep revising!!
Original post by sonu2003
dfsdfdsf.PNGSame I wish that too, but It all started because of this man, Who was to first to suggest exams: Henry Fischel

Hmmmm I really am not a big fan of that man right now x
That would be a 6 not 5??
Original post by lilTrain
literally same im stressing so much, i never get over 30/80, a 5, for paper 1 yet im predicted an 8...
my advice is to quickly go over the questions that are 4, 5, or 6 marks. dont worry about the small ones, because even getting full marks on the last 2 questions can actually bump u up a grade or two.
also leave extra time at the end to check through your answers because u dont wanna lose silly marks!
:smile:
yeah, except i mean i dont get over 30, basically around 26 which is a 5
:frown:
still 6 is no where near 8
welp
Original post by Steve445
That would be a 6 not 5??
I need a 7 man.
yeah, except i mean i dont get over 30, basically around 26 which is a 5
:frown:
still 6 is no where near 8
welp
This will be my 4th time repeating gcse maths.. i literally don’t have a clue
lol same. best of luck to you, hopefully you get a 5 atleast seeing as that's the higher pass. If this paper isn't as good, you still have the week break to brush up on any concepts you don't get before the 2 other papers where you can score some more marks.
Original post by hadiqaax
same ;(
at least if we dont do too well in paper 1 we have 1 and 2 weeks to revise for the next ones
thats what im living on tbh
Original post by Steve445
I need a 7 man.
I hope we pass.
same ;(
at least if we dont do too well in paper 1 we have 1 and 2 weeks to revise for the next ones
thats what im living on tbh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending