The Student Room Group

Life Ban from Sainsburys

Help!
I have been caught shoplifting at sainsburys, the security guy took my details (name, address) and took a photo of me and gave me a life ban (no police was involved). I admitted the steal, I did it because I am a student and was in a very very very bad period in terms of my finance, but now I totally regret it and will not do it again.

Now, what would happen next ? will I have any other consequences other than just a ban in all sainsburys ?

And more important, if I appeal to Home Office by saying that it was a mistake etc., is there any chance that I will solve the matter or I would risk to worsen it ?

Scroll to see replies

sorry i dont know how to help you in terms of advice but just wanted you to know that i really feel for you and understand that you're in a really difficult situation. i hope you manage to resolve this.
Original post by EltonLori
Help!
I have been caught shoplifting at sainsburys, the security guy took my details (name, address) and took a photo of me and gave me a life ban (no police was involved). I admitted the steal, I did it because I am a student and was in a very very very bad period in terms of my finance, but now I totally regret it and will not do it again.

Now, what would happen next ? will I have any other consequences other than just a ban in all sainsburys ?

And more important, if I appeal to Home Office by saying that it was a mistake etc., is there any chance that I will solve the matter or I would risk to worsen it ?

Nothing will happen. Just never go in to the store again and don't shoplift again
Reply 3
I would like to solve the issue and be reinstated, is there anything I could do ? appealing to Home Office could be a solution ?
Original post by Illusination
Nothing will happen. Just never go in to the store again and don't shoplift again
I would like to solve the issue and be reinstated, is there anything I could do ? appealing to Home Office could be a solution ?

Why do you want to be re-instated? Can't you go to some other local store? The home office have bigger and better issues and have no control over this. You shoplifted and now you should face the consequences. I'd say after around 6 months you could probably go back into the store and they wouldn't care.
(edited 4 years ago)
Help!

"mistake etc" lets me know you plan on bull-******** your way through this. dont bother appealing.

just shop somewhere else.

i'm banned by a place, wont say where, but not for nicking because im not 14 yrs old or a crackhead. but, i was banned by a manager after fighting with them. it's a small chain of supermarkets only in yorkshire/midlands...:ninja: it's blue...not tesco...
Reply 6
maybe go to them with a written apology and and speak to the manager and give it to him and personally apologise for it
Original post by syrup.02
maybe go to them with a written apology and and speak to the manager and give it to him and personally apologise for it

just go somewhere else omds.
Help!

Lol

You cant appeal to the home office, if you were banned for discrimination you could appeal to the market regulator, but you werent. Get over and go shop somewhere else. In a couple years all will be forgotten about and you can go back in this supermarket for now just dont bother...
Reply 9
Suck it up.

You broke the law. Consider yourself lucky for them not getting the police involved.

The home office have no jurisdiction over the issue so would be of no help.
Help!

this isn't an issue for the home office... you are very delusional or have zero common sense
What would the home office do? lmao
Reply 12
lmaoo dont chat wass. my mate did that and tescos were bless with it
Original post by Bang Outta Order
HAHAHAHA you think life is some Disney movie. Yeah op, go do that :rolleyes: lol

just go somewhere else omds. if you cant afford sainsbury's go ****ing aldi's like wtf.
Reply 13
Original post by Illusination
Why do you want to be re-instated? Can't you go to some other local store? The home office have bigger and better issues. You shoplifted and thats your punishment.

Of course now I will shop somewhere else, but I feel bad as they have my details and photo... I want to solve this issue, and I don't know if appealing to Home Office would be a solution rather than doing nothing. That's why I have created this post, might find anyone who had a similar experience...
Of course now I will shop somewhere else, but I feel bad as they have my details and photo... I want to solve this issue, and I don't know if appealing to Home Office would be a solution rather than doing nothing. That's why I have created this post, might find anyone who had a similar experience...

The issue has been resolved, the problem was shoplifting. The solution was a ban and taking a copy of your name...

The home office cannot solve this issue. If you want to solve this you could maybe send an apology letter, but they have your photo for a reason as they don't want you to steal from them again. They have your photos and detail for a reason.
Original post by syrup.02
lmaoo dont chat wass. my mate did that and tescos were bless with it

your mate was either:
a beautiful female
a scary gang member
the manager's relative
imaginary
Just go into a different Sainsbury’s.

The Sainsbury’s in Glasgow isn’t going to know you shoplifted from the store in Lowestoft.
Just go into another store perhaps it was just that store and if they tell you to leave just do what they say then you’re all good
Reply 19
how are you still chatting wass. im dyingggg
none of em are tru
stay in ur lane
Original post by Bang Outta Order
your mate was either:
a beautiful female
a scary gang member
the manager's relative
imaginary

Latest

Trending