The Student Room Group

results day: grades or UCAS - what to check first?

Poll

results day: grades or UCAS - what to check first?

What will you/did you check first on results day?

My college made results available online from 7am and UCAS track opens/opened an hour later 8am.

I pulled an all nighter, fell asleep around 6am and then woke up again at 8am but only because my dad phoned me to ask if how I'd done.

I check my results first, saw that I was one grade below my firm offer and then checked UCAS to see that I'd got in anyway.

With the benefit of hindsight, it might've been a big let down to have checked UCAS first, seen i'd got in to my firm and assumed i'd got the offer grades, and then checked my results to see i'd come in one grade below.

Equally, had I checked my results when they came out, I would've seen that I hadn't got the offer and had to wait a nervous hour to see that i'd got into my firm choice.

But not all schools make their results available online and some of you will have to travel to school (for me that would've been a 45 minutes bus ride - fun), so what will you do on results day?
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

UCAS. See if you've been accepted or not.

Then you feel less stressed about whatever grades you end up with.
Checked my results first, had time to calm my nervous ass down on the walk to college. :lol:
Results. Otherwise there's no suspense when you see the piece of paper, especially when you know your university outcome.

Plus, my UCAS track display wasn't right on the day anyway. :laugh:
The first website I'll be checking is the UK visa to make sure my flight out of the UK is all set. Then I will pack one pair of underwear and leave the country before my parents find out and lead a nomad life in the alpines. I will aspire to then become a Mongolian throat singer and lead the life of a warrior.
I checked UCAS first as it opened before my school did. It was my birthday and I wanted to be put out of my misery as soon as humanly possible! I'm glad I did check UCAS first, as I had missed my grades but got accepted by my firm anyway: if I'd seen the results without knowing the uni outcome I probably would have had a breakdown, but as I knew I was in anyway I was calm getting my results envelope.
Reply 6
Original post by emmathereader
I checked UCAS first as it opened before my school did. It was my birthday and I wanted to be put out of my misery as soon as humanly possible! I'm glad I did check UCAS first, as I had missed my grades but got accepted by my firm anyway: if I'd seen the results without knowing the uni outcome I probably would have had a breakdown, but as I knew I was in anyway I was calm getting my results envelope.

Was knowing you'd got into your firm enough or was seeing your results a disappointment?
Original post by HoldThisL
Was knowing you'd got into your firm enough or was seeing your results a disappointment?

Knowing I had my firm was all I needed and cared about. Because of that, I was less disappointed with my grades than if I'd have just got them without knowing I'd got in anyway
Reply 8
Knowing I had my firm was all I needed and cared about. Because of that, I was less disappointed with my grades than if I'd have just got them without knowing I'd got in anyway

A reasonable point of view
Checked UCAS first, saw that I exceeded my offer so withdrew from my firm and took a gap year.😂
going to check my ucas first :smile:
I'm planning on checking my UCAS first! That way I won't have the stress of having to find out what's happening in front of all my friends and teachers at school haha. If I'm on my own at home and find out I've missed my firm and insurance grades, I'll be able to have a cry but then go into school prepared (and warn all my friends via the group chat so they don't all ask me about it in person!) and do what I need to do to plan my future. That's the plan anyway!
Reply 12
Original post by SkoomaBottle
The first website I'll be checking is the UK visa to make sure my flight out of the UK is all set. Then I will pack one pair of underwear and leave the country before my parents find out and lead a nomad life in the alpines. I will aspire to then become a Mongolian throat singer and lead the life of a warrior.

Sounds like a fabulous idea - but I would pack two pairs of undies.
Reply 13
I’d try and wake up at like 7:45 (if I can get to sleep because of nerves lol) and check ucas first but if I woke up at like 6:30 I’d just have to check at 7 for my results
Reply 14
why does the poll have lots of votes and few replies? i want to know whyy
Can you book 2 tickets please
Reply 16
Original post by ZAKINFENWA
Can you book 2 tickets please

is this a 2:2 train joke
Not to be a party pooper but please remember that 1/8 of applicants will not have a clear answer on Track on results day (either because their universities haven’t decided yet whether to accept them or because they haven’t told ucas their decision yet).
Reply 18
Original post by PQ
Not to be a party pooper but please remember that 1/8 of applicants will not have a clear answer on Track on results day (either because their universities haven’t decided yet whether to accept them or because they haven’t told ucas their decision yet).

wow that many?

How often does that happen that you miss your grades but your firm accepts you anyway?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending