The Student Room Group

AQA A-Level English Lit Predictions 2019 Spec A

Any predictions for paper 1 or paper 2 this year?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i desperately hope its something to do with desire but highly doubt it
Yeah maybe not, desire appeared a few years ago - on the new spec
Original post by hira671
i desperately hope its something to do with desire but highly doubt it
My teacher is predicting jealousy, however I cannot seem to find many quotes surrounding the topic, can you think of any?
Original post by GoldenShade
Yeah maybe not, desire appeared a few years ago - on the new spec
Which question of the paper is this for?
Comparison between TGG and Love poetry
Original post by Jdoyle286
Which question of the paper is this for?
Reply 6
i think if you plan an essay for a few love themes that are prominent that havnt already come up you should be fine
yeah broken love, barriers to love. hopefully something we can talk about how Gatsby's love for Daisy is materialistic otherwise it'll be difficult to link to the poems.
Broken love would be nice, barriers to love has been as a specimen however. Yeah true
yeah broken love, barriers to love. hopefully something we can talk about how Gatsby's love for Daisy is materialistic otherwise it'll be difficult to link to the poems.
Yes, hope so!
Original post by 1swsw2
i think if you plan an essay for a few love themes that are prominent that havnt already come up you should be fine
Othello will hopefully be jealousy
Reply 11
That would be bloody great I also don’t think it has come up - if it has it hasn’t been explicit
The Winter's Tale would be great if it was a jealousy question but it came up recently so I'm not sure what to expect.
(Original post by fifi1610)
Othello will hopefully be jealousy
Some of the plans I've done are: obsessive love, forbidden love, unrequited love, materialism and class division but I don't know if i'm missing any potential themes which could catch me off guard
Original post by 1swsw2
theres not been n othello jealousy one
The Winter's Tale would be great if it was a jealousy question but it came up recently so I'm not sure what to expect.
(Original post by fifi1610)
Reply 15
what are some themes that could come up in othello other than jealousy that havn't already come up
Original post by fifi1610
theres not been n othello jealousy one
Idk if this is any use to anyone but last year’s othello was about men controlling women and the poetry was either loss of love or enduring love.
Reply 17
Thank you that is useful!!
Any idea what the questions were for the 2016 paper as this was new spec but isn’t on the aqa website
Original post by GoodGirlFaith
Idk if this is any use to anyone but last year’s othello was about men controlling women and the poetry was either loss of love or enduring love.
there wasnt a 2016 a level paper bc it only the first year of teaching
Original post by 1swsw2
Thank you that is useful!!
Any idea what the questions were for the 2016 paper as this was new spec but isn’t on the aqa website
Reply 19
Ahh okay thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending