The Student Room Group

AQA A LEVEL HISTORY - Making of a Superpower 1865-1975 Paper 1K predictions

This is super last minute, I was just wondering if there was anyone else doing the American paper (1865-1975) and had any predictions for the paper tomorrow - 21st May.

I reckon FDR and the New Deals may be the extract question? if not, probably on a president post-1900. For the essays I'm banking on social divisions 1945-75, maybe the economy 1890-1920/1920-45 and possibly something about comparing the entry into the World Wars.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
looking at the past exams (I know AQA could just throw an old question at us rephrased) but I'm guessing social 1945-75? That could easily be an exract question as they haven't had a social extract question yet.
other than that maybe foreign policy 1865-90, progressivism and populism politics, economics boom bust recovery?
but honestly not too sure it could be anything! Very nervous for this exam
Good luck to you though!
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 2
First of all, good luck to you both, I agree with the predictions these are topic they haven't covered yet and pretty big topics. Hopefully, we are right!
Original post by l.wil01
looking at the past exams (I know AQA could just throw an old question at us rephrased) but I'm guessing social 1945-75? That could easily be an exract question as they haven't had a social extract question yet.
other than that maybe foreign policy 1865-90, progressivism and populism politics, economics boom bust recovery?
but honestly not too sure it could be anything! Very nervous for this exam
Good luck to you though!

Original post by charl0ttelucy
This is super last minute, I was just wondering if there was anyone else doing the American paper (1865-1975) and had any predictions for the paper tomorrow - 21st May.

I reckon FDR and the New Deals may be the extract question? if not, probably on a president post-1900. For the essays I'm banking on social divisions 1945-75, maybe the economy 1890-1920/1920-45 and possibly something about comparing the entry into the World Wars.

Anyone else have any ideas?
Does anyone know what the AS paper that has just been covered? I’m guessing if we know we can say that won’t be on tomorrow’s?
The AS paper is written by different people so I won’t matter what’s been covered.
How did everyone find that then..?
Honestly awful, the interpretation was best out of the lot but it still wasn’t great. Maybe I’m being dramatic 😂
I completely agree.. it was pretty horrific. the extracts were good, but those essays?? laissez faire policies, immigration acts and the Cold War?? nah
Original post by HannahStenning
Honestly awful, the interpretation was best out of the lot but it still wasn’t great. Maybe I’m being dramatic 😂
Thank god! I thought I was gonna be the only one. Also did you think the time span for the immigration question was weirdly short?
It was 1890-1920.. weird question though. it was far too specific don't you think? especially for the breadth study. Which essays did you do?
Original post by HannahStenning
Thank god! I thought I was gonna be the only one. Also did you think the time span for the immigration question was weirdly short?
Yeah it was way too specific and I did immigration and lassiez faire, couldn’t remember enough about the Cold War tbh
Reply 11
It was pretty horrible! I wasn't even that into the extracts didn't talk about nearly as much as I should have. The immigration question was horrible but I did that one as my mind went blank. Started talking about the red scare lol. Also did the communism one. What about you guys?

Glad its over though!
How did everyone find that then..?
My mind went blank for the communism one so I didn’t pick it 😂 I’m praying that Britain will be easier
I did the Laissez-Faire question and the Immigration one. Only feel somewhat confident about the immigration one though.. Dreading the depth study.. what do you study for the second paper?
Original post by l.wil01
It was pretty horrible! I wasn't even that into the extracts didn't talk about nearly as much as I should have. The immigration question was horrible but I did that one as my mind went blank. Started talking about the red scare lol. Also did the communism one. What about you guys?

Glad its over though!
Reply 14
Same im really not sure about the immigration one... hopefully you wouldve done fine. And the making of modern britain paper (1951-2007). What about you?
I did the Laissez-Faire question and the Immigration one. Only feel somewhat confident about the immigration one though.. Dreading the depth study.. what do you study for the second paper?
Anyone else think the laissez-faire one was weird too? I knew more about social damages than the economic damages. What did you guys put?
Ah, I do English Revolution 1625-1660. Good luck!
Original post by l.wil01
Same im really not sure about the immigration one... hopefully you wouldve done fine. And the making of modern britain paper (1951-2007). What about you?
For the lassiez faire I was the same there were mostly social damages and I do making of modern Britain
Reply 18
Thanks, and you!
Ah, I do English Revolution 1625-1660. Good luck!
I didn't think the laissez faire one wasn't great either. Economic damaged was really difficult, I wrote about Republican Dominance and Big Business, but I definitely haven't done well at all.

At least it wasn't just me that didn't like the paper!
Original post by notaderm
Anyone else think the laissez-faire one was weird too? I knew more about social damages than the economic damages. What did you guys put?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending