The Student Room Group

Most useless subject to study and why

To clarify I mean useless in the sense of uselessness to humanity and human development rather than uselessness in a skills or job sense.

I would say RS is the most useless since religious preachings are based on dogma, as opposed to philosophy, which uses logic. Religion is also the cause of many wars and prejudices that exist today. Furthermore, religion is on the decline in the western world and it has a decreasing level of importance in the modern world.

I would also say history is pretty useless as humanity gains very little from the study of it, although in a skills or job sense it is pretty useful.

Edit: I would prefer it to be a GCSE subject that acc exists
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Silly Walks Studies.
Food studies
Reply 3
Gender studies

thats acc a course at leeds lmao
I thought that was a myth and only seriously existed in SJW schools in the US but if its in Leeds.
Original post by syrup.02
Gender studies

thats acc a course at leeds lmao
Reply 5
trussss

https://courses.leeds.ac.uk/7395/gender-studies-ma
https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/postgraduate-courses/gender-and-womens-studies-ma/
Original post by LegitDragoNinja
I thought that was a myth and only seriously existed in SJW schools in the US but if its in Leeds.
"Que(e)rying Sexualities" I like how this "joke" is in their course module.
Reply 8
loooll worddd
"Que(e)rying Sexualities" I like how this "joke" is in their course module.
Just didn't expect such a braindead course to exist in a russell group uni.
photography GCSE exists doesn't it? It existed when I was younger, so I presume it still does.

Useless course. Would be better giving every student who signed up free periods to watch youtube videos about photography, and letting them borrow cameras from the school. They would have a much more useful and productive time.
I have to respond, despite the fact that I am neither a RS teacher or a historian but I did do RS at school although not to GCSE, it gave me a grounding and understanding of world religions once the focus changed from a book of the New Testament to world religions. This has enabled me to understand different cultures far better as well as the similarity between religions that I hadn’t previously understood. The reality is that there are a lot of problems caused by the ignorance of these similarities and attitudes which may despise followers of religions or sects other than their own. Similarly, a lack of knowledge of history is unwise given that history often repeats itself. It is only in the financial world that past events may not be an indicator of future events. So precisely because of their educational value to humanity and human development, the two subjects that you seem to have issue with are anything but useless!
I'd say General Studies was up there!
Literary ****ing theory!!! Broke my mind and soul.
Has to be English Literature for me
Really didn't understand the point in remembering a shiiiit-ton of poems for absolutely no academic gain
Art. I’m still uncertain if I learned anything from GCSE Art other than how to be stressed
business studies at any level of education. my friend told me that the first spec point at A-Level is ‘what is a business?’ i think that’s says enough. i think being the son of a business man has taught me more than i would learn from a business studies teacher.
absolutely agree on this one.
Original post by Kian Stevens
Has to be English Literature for me
Really didn't understand the point in remembering a shiiiit-ton of poems for absolutely no academic gain
Original post by rke7241
business studies at any level of education. my friend told me that the first spec point at A-Level is ‘what is a business?’ i think that’s says enough. i think being the son of a business man has taught me more than i would learn from a business studies teacher.

Some business degrees are amongst the top paying degrees, especially at top RG unis.
I would say RS is the most useless since religious preachings are based on dogma, as opposed to philosophy, which uses logic. Religion is also the cause of many wars and prejudices that exist today. Furthermore, religion is on the decline in the western world and it has a decreasing level of importance in the modern world.

Have you ever been in an RS class? They don't hang about converting folk lmao, religion being allegedly bad isn't that relevant to the study of religion as a discipline.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending