The Student Room Group

girls

why do girls love to go for the more popular, bad boys and lowkey know they'll get messed abt but then never go for the cuter and nicer boys

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HPV123
why do girls love to go for the more popular, bad boys and lowkey know they'll get messed abt but then never go for the cuter and nicer boys

I think nicer boys are too nice to hurt them so if you date the bad boy, you won’t feel anything about them.
Idk I usually go for introverted, nice older men so.
Original post by HPV123

This reads "I'm upset girls reject me cause I'm nice"

Honestly every girl is different, I don't find every girl to be the same.
Reply 4
I think it depends on the girl to be honest. No offence to any males but I feel like they only notice girls who go for guys who they deem are better than themselves for example they are more popular. If you actually look around you find the majority of girls only like the idea of being with a stereotypical 'bad boy' or 'popular type' boy because it is romanticised by the media.

I mean for example take me I like the idea of being with a popular boy but don't actually enjoy being with one, I much prefer having a boyfriend who is less popular because you don't draw as much attention to your relationship.

In conclusion I feel like your generalising a small group of girls as all girl in general
Why would a girl go for a misogynistic “nice guy” nerd type when she could go for the equally misogyny but attractive chad type?
Reply 6
Thanks, I was asking because my ex broke up with me because I was too calm in arguments. She used to pretend that she cheated on me expecting a huge reaction from me but I always kept calm and collected fr and then sh saw that as not caring even though I cared for her with all my heart. In arguments, she would be shouting and I would be tryna resolve it which led to her having enough. But now all I see with her new guy is constant arguments posted publicly on snapchat. I wouldn't say hes more good looking or anything I just feel like he's seen as the more bad boy type that girls go for these says which is bad for me i can't lie.
Original post by PetitePanda
I think nicer boys are too nice to hurt them so if you date the bad boy, you won’t feel anything about them.
Original post by HPV123

Everyone goes for the type he likes.
Original post by HPV123
Thanks, I was asking because my ex broke up with me because I was too calm in arguments. She used to pretend that she cheated on me expecting a huge reaction from me but I always kept calm and collected fr and then sh saw that as not caring even though I cared for her with all my heart. In arguments, she would be shouting and I would be tryna resolve it which led to her having enough. But now all I see with her new guy is constant arguments posted publicly on snapchat. I wouldn't say hes more good looking or anything I just feel like he's seen as the more bad boy type that girls go for these says which is bad for me i can't lie.

Wtf who ****ing does that? that’s just not okay to do that
Reply 9
Bro I respect that, but for real I don't even think I'm that nice or cute I just think I'm more reserved and less argumentative than the other boys that really just wanna **** abt with girls, you feel me
Original post by TheRealSquiddy
This reads "I'm upset girls reject me cause I'm nice"

Honestly every girl is different, I don't find every girl to be the same.
Reply 10
Yeh I don't mean all girls but many do think that way, sorry for coming across as generalising
Original post by kimi20
I think it depends on the girl to be honest. No offence to any males but I feel like they only notice girls who go for guys who they deem are better than themselves for example they are more popular. If you actually look around you find the majority of girls only like the idea of being with a stereotypical 'bad boy' or 'popular type' boy because it is romanticised by the media.

I mean for example take me I like the idea of being with a popular boy but don't actually enjoy being with one, I much prefer having a boyfriend who is less popular because you don't draw as much attention to your relationship.

In conclusion I feel like your generalising a small group of girls as all girl in general
Reply 11
You see here's where I disagree with you I don't think the majority of girls think that why, in fact I'd say most girls don't even think much about liking people. I myself a girl barely ever think oh wow a popular guy I want to go out with, girls generally wait until they actually know they have a shot before seriously think about things.
As for your ex thinking your not argumentative enough, I think that's absurd
Original post by HPV123
Yeh I don't mean all girls but many do think that way, sorry for coming across as generalising
Reply 12
ok fair enough i get where your coming from. But if I gave you an option hypothetically i give most girls an option of a nicer, more reserved guy or a cocky, much more open and a funnier guy with the same looks I think most girls would go for the 2nd option. This may not include you but from waht I've seen thats what I would say
Original post by kimi20
You see here's where I disagree with you I don't think the majority of girls think that why, in fact I'd say most girls don't even think much about liking people. I myself a girl barely ever think oh wow a popular guy I want to go out with, girls generally wait until they actually know they have a shot before seriously think about things.
As for your ex thinking your not argumentative enough, I think that's absurd
Not all popular or 'bad boy' types are going to hurt a girl. That's just a stereotype. Many of these boys are sweeter with the person they care about - you won't see that of course because it's in private.
Reply 14
Oh I mean every girl has their own type of ideal guy yes and that unusually at first involves parts of a stereotypical popular guy, due to the way society conditions us through the media (as I pointed out before those guys are romanticised a lot by film etc.). But as girls date more guys and build up an idea of what they actually do and don't like their ideal type does change over time. Mostly girl do find that they prefer a lot calmer boys who don't want to argue as much. Someone where a relationship isn't about how big of a reaction they can get out of their partner. Its all to do with psychology
Original post by HPV123
ok fair enough i get where your coming from. But if I gave you an option hypothetically i give most girls an option of a nicer, more reserved guy or a cocky, much more open and a funnier guy with the same looks I think most girls would go for the 2nd option. This may not include you but from waht I've seen thats what I would say
Reply 15
God damn you should be a lawyer
thanks for you input tho for real
Original post by kimi20
Oh I mean every girl has their own type of ideal guy yes and that unusually at first involves parts of a stereotypical popular guy, due to the way society conditions us through the media (as I pointed out before those guys are romanticised a lot by film etc.). But as girls date more guys and build up an idea of what they actually do and don't like their ideal type does change over time. Mostly girl do find that they prefer a lot calmer boys who don't want to argue as much. Someone where a relationship isn't about how big of a reaction they can get out of their partner. Its all to do with psychology
Reply 16
i never said that all of them do but it does happen a lot. A lot of them are different in private as well but in public, some boys try and make sure it's all about them almost putting the girls down. However, I know a lot of guys that are seen as bad boys but treat their girls nicely and very well
Original post by sinfonietta
Not all popular or 'bad boy' types are going to hurt a girl. That's just a stereotype. Many of these boys are sweeter with the person they care about - you won't see that of course because it's in private.
Reply 17
I'm doing law at uni next year so I'm glad you think I'd make a good lawyer.
Original post by HPV123
God damn you should be a lawyer
thanks for you input tho for real
Reply 18
you in the states or in the UK- u better be defending all my future cases.
Original post by kimi20
I'm doing law at uni next year so I'm glad you think I'd make a good lawyer.
Reply 19
Uk, and please don't tell me prior or else I can't defend you in the court of law
Original post by HPV123
you in the states or in the UK- u better be defending all my future cases.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending