The Student Room Group

How are you all dealing with GCSES at the moment?

how are you guys all doing? I started off fine despite the initial stress and fear, but now I am so drained. I think im also getting ill which is not ideal aha. Anyway how are you all coping?!
I think the main problem for me is fatigue. Today was my first day with two exams - Maths and Geography and honestly I was so exhausted coming home! Also my hand literally starts cramping after I write for a while so I keep having to take breaks in the exam to try and get rid of the pain which isn't great.

At least its half term next week so I can have a bit of a relax - I only have two more exams and by thursday at 11am I'll be able to chill a bit!
Reply 2
Doing the actual exam is okay, but after, I realise how many silly mistakes I made and just regret those mistakes, but then get over it the next day. I'm not feeling very stressed - just doing a little bit of revision the days before the exams - an hour or two.
In the actual exams I feel like time just flies by so quickly. You get in there and you’re out just as fast.

I’m really tired because of all the writing but I don’t feel the stress yet because in my head these just feel like mocks. No idea if that’s a good or a bad mindset aha.

Good luck everyone!!
Reply 4
Yeah, i know it is so tiring 2 exams on the same day. I think today was my third day of 2 exams! and honestly its really starting to wear me down. I was doing so much revision over easter and the weeks leading up to GCSEs but now i am coming home and will be lucky if i do an hour
Original post by sophieeliza
I think the main problem for me is fatigue. Today was my first day with two exams - Maths and Geography and honestly I was so exhausted coming home! Also my hand literally starts cramping after I write for a while so I keep having to take breaks in the exam to try and get rid of the pain which isn't great.

At least its half term next week so I can have a bit of a relax - I only have two more exams and by thursday at 11am I'll be able to chill a bit!
Reply 5
yeh same its so frustrating but just have to move on and try and do our best in the next ones
Original post by Anthos
Doing the actual exam is okay, but after, I realise how many silly mistakes I made and just regret those mistakes, but then get over it the next day. I'm not feeling very stressed - just doing a little bit of revision the days before the exams - an hour or two.
Send help.
Reply 7
Original post by sophieeliza

I've had 3 days of 2 exams and another one of them tomorrow. I agree it's so tiring:mad:
Reply 8
aha yeah you aren't alone, everyone at my school is so chilled and they are all saying they felt way more stressed for the mocks - if anything that's positive as it means you won't make as many mistakes due to fear
Original post by Mythology
In the actual exams I feel like time just flies by so quickly. You get in there and you’re out just as fast.

I’m really tired because of all the writing but I don’t feel the stress yet because in my head these just feel like mocks. No idea if that’s a good or a bad mindset aha.

Good luck everyone!!
Reply 9
aha stay in there, only a few more weeks. the only thing motivating me at the moment is the summer!!!
Original post by RazzzBerries
Send help.
I was stupid and decided I wanted to do 2 extra GCSEs plus Ad maths so although I've completed 3 GCSEs (4 by the end of the week) and have done 10 exams, I still have 17 more exams :frown:
Original post by looolll2
aha stay in there, only a few more weeks. the only thing motivating me at the moment is the summer!!!

I caaaaaaaaaaaaaaan'ttttttttttt :'(

Trying to revise for Physics and I'm physically not able to stay at this desk for more than 5 minutes straight. :frown:
Reply 12
wow that seems so tiring. im doing Ad maths as well and am really not looking forward to that. Most of my friends would have finished but im just going to be revising ad maths for 4 days straight :/
Original post by yay2202
I was stupid and decided I wanted to do 2 extra GCSEs plus Ad maths so although I've completed 3 GCSEs (4 by the end of the week) and have done 10 exams, I still have 17 more exams :frown:
Reply 13
Yeh same aha, im just planning on cramming tomorrow morning
Original post by RazzzBerries
I caaaaaaaaaaaaaaan'ttttttttttt :'(

Trying to revise for Physics and I'm physically not able to stay at this desk for more than 5 minutes straight. :frown:
Yeah literally relying on those 4 days before to save me :afraid:
Original post by looolll2
wow that seems so tiring. im doing Ad maths as well and am really not looking forward to that. Most of my friends would have finished but im just going to be revising ad maths for 4 days straight :/
Reply 15
Think i messed up in RS short course and am wondering if I have to declare in UCAS. other than that, it's all going fine
Reply 16
I think you do but if you aren't planning on doing it at university or a subject related, i dont think they care too much. At the end of the day they care mostly about your predicted A level grades and your ucas application itself e.g. personal statement
Original post by Lwh123
Think i messed up in RS short course and am wondering if I have to declare in UCAS. other than that, it's all going fine
Reply 17
Yeh same but i feel like im gonna have no motivation whatsoever aha i want an A but tbf if i get a B i wont mind that much
Original post by yay2202
Yeah literally relying on those 4 days before to save me :afraid:

Quick Reply

Latest