The Student Room Group

AQA A Level History: Spain in the Age of Discovery, 1469 - 1598 7042/1B - 21 May 2019

Exam thread for breadth paper
Honestly haven't met anyone else doing this topic yet...
I’m really struggling with Charles’ religious policy - especially the inquisition. What sort of things have people revised?? Xx
Reply 3
Lit just the Illumnists and Erasmians like who they were and what happened to themi don't rlly have much
Original post by Daisyxwright
I’m really struggling with Charles’ religious policy - especially the inquisition. What sort of things have people revised?? Xx
Hi for the exam today what kind of things did people write about for q2 Charles New World prosperity etc, I struggled with it x
Reply 5
Think I wrote a bit about territorial expansion, benefits of the bullion, Spain's increased reputation and a bit about a wider spread of Catholicism And against I wrote about inflation, Castile benefitting more than other areas and how most of the bullion was used to just pay off loans etc. Hated those essay questions 😬 xx
Original post by Ccolligan
Hi for the exam today what kind of things did people write about for q2 Charles New World prosperity etc, I struggled with it x

I chose not to do that one cos I didn’t have enough x
Yeah thats basically what I talked about, tried to drag a few other issues like the conquistadores and giving the nobles land in the new world.
I also did the Muslim Crusade question cause the golden age one was a JOKE.
Original post by Tal.sal
Think I wrote a bit about territorial expansion, benefits of the bullion, Spain's increased reputation and a bit about a wider spread of Catholicism And against I wrote about inflation, Castile benefitting more than other areas and how most of the bullion was used to just pay off loans etc. Hated those essay questions 😬 xx
Reply 8

I did prosperity of econ and finance
Negatives it brought to econ and finance
Allowed for ambiguous foreign policy
Gained Spain great prestige in religious terms spreading Catholicism to a new continent
Reply 9
Original post by theaceofacers
the golden age one was a JOKE.

That question was way better than the nicheness of Charles. You could have spoken about anything if you like it well with social & cultural factors
Yeah I basically said prosperity wasn't most important cos of inflation, seville had monopoly etc then i mentioned territorial expansion of mexico and peru brought prestige as a counter argument saying it was more important then I only remembered religion too late :frown:
Reply 11
Here is a random thought. I barely know anyone that does this spec... so what if we are all from the same discussing this...
What did people write for the religious crusade question? Really struggled with it, I wish I had chosen the Golden Age essay in hindsight!
Made a point about Isabella’s piety and how she was given confidence from support by the pope (cruzada tax etc) which shows the reconquista was religious, North Africa crusades were religiously motivated and for against i said there had been fights along the border for 10 years and there were economic opportunities as loads of castillans moved in
looked as positives and negatives of granada - ie. gold trade etc so the idea it could be economic too
also looked at the expulsion of the moors and how they were allowed their relgion for some time suggesting it wasn't really a crusae until they were actually gotten rid of
Original post by lauren_232
What did people write for the religious crusade question? Really struggled with it, I wish I had chosen the Golden Age essay in hindsight!
What did everyone write for the extracts? I was just confused by them...
I mainly wrote about Alba’s repression, Philip’s upbringing and the religious tensions e.g. 1577 Perpetual Edict, but I wrote that the middle one was less convincing as it spoke about circumstantial failures or things out of Philip’s control, such as Elizabeth’s actions. I thought it was so hard to summarise the interpretations though as they all had so many arguments and they were kinda similar as the focus was so specific :/
Original post by elisevanderwiel
What did everyone write for the extracts? I was just confused by them...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending