The Student Room Group

AS Biology Edexcel Unit 1 IAL (21 May, 2019)

Hi! How did everyone who sat that paper today find it? I really hope the curve will be low after that exam :frown:
Reply 1
Hey! I found it quite good, actually! The one thing that killed me was that question about the giraffe's neck, if we have the same paper. I ended up measuring the head aswell!
Yes, we have the same paper! I was just not very impressed by the last question talking about a larger R group :s-smilie:
I almost made the same mistake that you did! Haha, what are you aiming for?
Original post by Dhelia
Hey! I found it quite good, actually! The one thing that killed me was that question about the giraffe's neck, if we have the same paper. I ended up measuring the head aswell!
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 3
oof, I think I might've done badly in that specific question, those silkworms absolutely confused me. If I remember correctly, it asked something about what would happen if the aminoacids were substituted or something, can't remember, tbh, but I think I said something about the protein shape being changed or something. I definitely talked about the protein structures, though.

How about that question on Antioxidants? I seriously went blank on that one at first, but after finishing all questions, I went back to it and kinda added what I remembered! :wink:
Original post by egoisticynical
Yes, we have the same paper! I was just not very impressed by the last question talking about a larger R group :s-smilie:
Same!! To be honest I just wrote the definition of antioxidants, then mentioned that one of the chain reactions it prevents is increase in cholesterol level or whatever. Total garbage :tongue: but whatever i didn't want to leave it empty
Original post by Dhelia
oof, I think I might've done badly in that specific question, those silkworms absolutely confused me. If I remember correctly, it asked something about what would happen if the aminoacids were substituted or something, can't remember, tbh, but I think I said something about the protein shape being changed or something. I definitely talked about the protein structures, though.

How about that question on Antioxidants? I seriously went blank on that one at first, but after finishing all questions, I went back to it and kinda added what I remembered! :wink:
i was relieved that i turned out to be easier than January 2019 cuz when i studied that one the day before the exam i was afraid that the paper would be as difficult as the jan 2019 paper but turned out to be easier
Reply 6
gosh the January one was completely horrible. 7 January, right? It was a national holiday where I took it, and it went horribly for me 😂😂
yeah i couldn't answer most of the questions especially that one about platelets where you had to write about a study or sth like that. so yeah i think may 2019 paper was kinda good except for that question about the pineapples and sugars i found it to be difficult
Original post by Dhelia
gosh the January one was completely horrible. 7 January, right? It was a national holiday where I took it, and it went horribly for me 😂😂
Reply 8
mhm! I just put like, some concentrations of the sugar, and explained why it would stay the same but I think I got it wrong. My classmate said she only put that the sugar solution needed only sucrose, since it was a non-soluble sugar but no idea.

Also: "How many times is an elephant bigger than a mouse?"

And now it's: "How long is this giraffe's neck?"

hilarious 😂😂
hahahahahhah i hated that question
Original post by Dhelia
mhm! I just put like, some concentrations of the sugar, and explained why it would stay the same but I think I got it wrong. My classmate said she only put that the sugar solution needed only sucrose, since it was a non-soluble sugar but no idea.

hilarious 😂😂
Ugh edexcel has a weird obsession with animals :colonhash: Like cmon we have a whole section dedicated to them :s-smilie:
Original post by Dhelia

hilarious 😂😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending