The Student Room Group

OCR English Lit 2019 exam

Thread for the OCR English Literature exam on 23rd May 2019.

I study The Merchant's Tale, The Duchess of Malfi, Hamlet (and then dystopian for paper 2).

Anyone else doing hamlet?
Original post by wordsandroses
Thread for the OCR English Literature exam on 23rd May 2019.

I study The Merchant's Tale, The Duchess of Malfi, Hamlet (and then dystopian for paper 2).

Anyone else doing hamlet?

I'm doing Hamlet too - how you revising it?
Reply 2
Original post by mattrxgan
I'm doing Hamlet too - how you revising it?

Really?? I literally haven’t done anything yet. Focusing on hamlet tomorrow. How are you revising it?
Really?? I literally haven’t done anything yet. Focusing on hamlet tomorrow. How are you revising it?

I bought the Brannagh version on Amazon Prime: I'm watching with subtitles on, making notes and taking down any quotes. Also making note of the tone/mood in the scene, but apart from that I'm just looking at potential essay questions and drafting plans.
Reply 4
I bought the Brannagh version on Amazon Prime: I'm watching with subtitles on, making notes and taking down any quotes. Also making note of the tone/mood in the scene, but apart from that I'm just looking at potential essay questions and drafting plans.

Oooo that’s a shout. What kind of question do you reckon will come up or which passage?
My Lit class are hoping for one on either revenge or women. Personally, I think they're going to give us a moderate passage but with a nasty (b) question.
Oooo that’s a shout. What kind of question do you reckon will come up or which passage?
Reply 6
My Lit class are hoping for one on either revenge or women. Personally, I think they're going to give us a moderate passage but with a nasty (b) question.

Yeh those would be good. Yeh feel like it’s not going to be a nice one for us :/
students last year were so lucky! Ham's last soliloquy and about indecision is a blessing. OCR is not going to be nice this year LOL
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Shuviliaxx
students last year were so luck! Ham's last soliloquy and about indecision is a blessing. OCR is not going to be nice this year LOL

Agreed. I feel so underprepared for this exam.
Agreed. I feel so underprepared for this exam.

Honestly, I feel like you can never be fully prepared for anything tbh
Reply 10
Original post by Shuviliaxx
Honestly, I feel like you can never be fully prepared for anything tbh

Yeh true but there’s not being fully prepared and there’s being extremely underprepared
you will be fine! you know more than you think
Yeh true but there’s not being fully prepared and there’s being extremely underprepared
Is this A level?
Reply 13
Original post by idontkn
Is this A level?

Yes
Apparently, ppl who get A* in section (a) Hamlet tend to talk about meter and verse...
Also for memorising Merchants tale quotes do you reckon we'll get penalised for miss-spelling quotes? cause boy am I gonna be putting in alot of work adding extra 'ee's to everything.
Reply 16
Original post by kolaliwenda
Also for memorising Merchants tale quotes do you reckon we'll get penalised for miss-spelling quotes? cause boy am I gonna be putting in alot of work adding extra 'ee's to everything.

I don’t think we will get penalised as long as it’s along the same lines
ive read some a*/full mark essays and some people have quoted stuff that isnt even in the poem and sometimes they spell it wrong so im guessing if it looks right then we will still get the mark 😂
Reply 18
Apparently, ppl who get A* in section (a) Hamlet tend to talk about meter and verse...

That’s me screwed then
did anyone one do rossetti and ibsen? if so how were the questions, what were they like

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending