The Student Room Group

AQA maths A Level resits 2019 (modular specification)

Anyone here resitting any AQA A-level maths modules? :smile:

I did c2 just now and I found it alright although a couple questions stumped me.

I'm also resitting D1 since I got an E in that, lol.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BTAnonymous

I did c2 just now and I found it alright although a couple questions stumped me.

Yess finally a thread “.

I’m resitting D1 C3 and C4. Resat C1 last week
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by MajorFader
Yess finally a thread “.

I’m resitting D1 C3 and C4. Resat C1 last week

Lol I thought I was the only one resitting c2,3, 4 and d1. How's revision going, and how was the c1 exam?
What answers did you get?

Lol I thought I was the only one resitting c2,3, 4 and d1. How's revision going, and how was the c1 exam?

Yeah same I thought I was the only one as well. Lol, at least I know who to confer with after my exams.

Yeah C1 was lovely, much better than when I had done it. How did C2 go?
Yeah same I thought I was the only one as well. Lol, at least I know who to confer with after my exams.

Yeah C1 was lovely, much better than when I had done it. How did C2 go?

That's a good start then to get you going. Yeah c2 was much better than when I took it in 2017, I remember it being a nightmare at the time but it went really well.

What grades are you hoping for and what do you want to do after your A Levels?
That's a good start then to get you going. Yeah c2 was much better than when I took it in 2017, I remember it being a nightmare at the time but it went really well.

What grades are you hoping for and what do you want to do after your A Levels?

Me personally, I really want an A for maths I already have 2 BBs. My firm is York and insurance is Cardiff.

What about you?
Original post by AhadNaeem
What answers did you get?

Don't remember questions 1-3 because I did them so quickly. Was question 4 the arithmetic series one? I think for the summation from n = 4 to n= 17 I got something like 5260.5? a = and d = 3/2.

For the very last question I got 1/2 stretch in X axis. The previous part to that I got log10x^2. For the trapezium rule I got 0.117?? I'll see if it's still in my calculator.

If you can remember the context of the questions then that'll help me remember what answers I got because I can't remember many questions right now lol.
Yes I’m retaking c1, c2 and c4! How did you find c2?
I got stretch 1/root10
Don't remember questions 1-3 because I did them so quickly. Was question 4 the arithmetic series one? I think for the summation from n = 4 to n= 17 I got something like 5260.5? a = and d = 3/2.

For the very last question I got 1/2 stretch in X axis. The previous part to that I got log10x^2. For the trapezium rule I got 0.117?? I'll see if it's still in my calculator.

If you can remember the context of the questions then that'll help me remember what answers I got because I can't remember many questions right now lol.
I agree with all of your other answers though :smile:
Original post by jodie11234
I got stretch 1/root10
Me personally, I really want an A for maths I already have 2 BBs. My firm is York and insurance is Cardiff.

What about you?

Yeah same, I really want an A as well. I've firmed Lancaster which needs an A for maths and I have insured Newcastle which wants a B in maths.

Atm I have ABC with the C being maths.
Anyone remember there answer for the question near the end where it was like ‘prove that “” has 2 horizontal solutions’

I got some weird answer like x=(14+-root 19)/2
Yeah same, I really want an A as well. I've firmed Lancaster which needs an A for maths and I have insured Newcastle which wants a B in maths.

Atm I have ABC with the C being maths.

Yeah I think we’ll be fine.

Hiya! Glad that you’ve created a thread for these exams! I’m resitting C1,C2,C3,C4,S1 and M1.

How did you find today’s C2 paper? I thought the first couple questions were okay it got a bit challenging towards the end though :smile:
Original post by jodie11234
Anyone remember there answer for the question near the end where it was like ‘prove that “” has 2 horizontal solutions’

I got some weird answer like x=(14+-root 19)/2

I got exactly that. It was really uncomfortable lol.
What does everyone think about grade boundaries for Today’s c2 exam?😊
It really was! Did you then work out y from that? Glad you got the same for x though!
Original post by science_geeks
Hiya! Glad that you’ve created a thread for these exams! I’m resitting C1,C2,C3,C4,S1 and M1.

How did you find today’s C2 paper? I thought the first couple questions were okay it got a bit challenging towards the end though :smile:

Heelooo

Yes! The first questions were very nice, typical opening questions for a c2 paper. Question 7 onwards got a bit more difficult.

I literally had no clue what to do for that question. I first thought y=0, then maybe dy/dx= 0. I didn’t know where to start. The first part of the trig question, I stupidly started expanding the bracket about 4 times to realise that it was staring at me lol, you just needed to make the brackets = 0 and work it out from there!

Quick Reply

Latest