The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
no ideaaaa:eek:
Original post by mem123
anyone have predictions of streetcar ?
Agreed!
Original post by mem123
i doubt they'll do othello or iago since they did have a question on their relationship so they're more likely to do Desdemona or Emilia
Reply 22
yeah my teacher was guessing it might be on a female character too
Original post by mem123
i doubt they'll do othello or iago since they did have a question on their relationship so they're more likely to do Desdemona or Emilia
Not a clue!
Original post by mem123
anyone have predictions of streetcar ?
do you think that a character relationship question could come up since all the past questions are based on themes ? (for streetcar)
I could see like a Stanley/Stella or Mitch/Blanche question, just because all the past ones have been so broad and thematic.
Original post by mem123
do you think that a character relationship question could come up since all the past questions are based on themes ? (for streetcar)
My Predicitions:

Othello: Q1. Comedy Vs Tragedy. 2. Importance of Emilia (or maybe a general question on the females of the play)

Streetcar: Q1. Significance of Mitch 2. Something on Madness.
for comedy vs tragedy what the hell would u write for that 😳
Original post by Shiver2319
My Predicitions:

Othello: Q1. Comedy Vs Tragedy. 2. Importance of Emilia (or maybe a general question on the females of the play)

There is a bunch of comedy in the play.
Example: the clown, Iago's play on honest, in one scene Iago and Casio are seen drinking and singing together.
A lot of critics argue that the play is more of a comedy because it doesn't follow other Shakespearean tragedies...
However you could also argue that the play is a tragedy because of Artistotle's definition of a tragedy...
A lot of stuff basically this is brief and a bunch of comedic elements and comedic relief throughout.
Original post by mem123
for comedy vs tragedy what the hell would u write for that 😳
if that came up i would defo chose the other question
what's aristotle's definition of tragedy ?
There is a bunch of comedy in the play.
Example: the clown, Iago's play on honest, in one scene Iago and Casio are seen drinking and singing together.
A lot of critics argue that the play is more of a comedy because it doesn't follow other Shakespearean tragedies...
However you could also argue that the play is a tragedy because of Artistotle's definition of a tragedy...
A lot of stuff basically this is brief and a bunch of comedic elements and comedic relief throughout.
A form of drama that plays on pity and fear.
You can also mention how he defines a tragic hero as someone who is socially greater than everyone else but how a downfall due to a tragic flaw typically caused by the character's weakness.

Original post by mem123
if that came up i would defo chose the other question
what's aristotle's definition of tragedy ?
if the question was how Othello is presented as a tragic hero what would your main argument and points be ?
A form of drama that plays on pity and fear.
You can also mention how he defines a tragic hero as someone who is socially greater than everyone else but how a downfall due to a tragic flaw typically caused by the character's weakness.
Tragic Hero; Aristotle's definition.
Othello as a tragic hero despite his race.
Leadership qualities.
Physical appearance of the actor (have a critic for it) in how the actor must be physically built to portray a convincing warrior.
Tragic flaws & a tiny bit of comedy in highlighting the downfall of Othello.
I would also argue that he's not a tragic hero due to the way how he loses all noble qualities at the end and is aggressive etc.

Hoped this helped these are some brief points to explore much further.
Original post by mem123
if the question was how Othello is presented as a tragic hero what would your main argument and points be ?
thanks just wondering though could i argue that he is a tragic hero because:
P1: talk about his position as a general - as that is how tragic hero's start off as
P2: Tragic hero due to his tragic fall which his jealousy - which is a product of Iago then talk about their relationship
P3: Alternatively he is not a tragic hero due to the idea that he does not become self aware of his actions e.g. killing Desdemona, killing himself for reputation etc.

Tragic Hero; Aristotle's definition.
Othello as a tragic hero despite his race.
Leadership qualities.
Physical appearance of the actor (have a critic for it) in how the actor must be physically built to portray a convincing warrior.
Tragic flaws & a tiny bit of comedy in highlighting the downfall of Othello.
I would also argue that he's not a tragic hero due to the way how he loses all noble qualities at the end and is aggressive etc.

Hoped this helped these are some brief points to explore much further.
Does anybody have any predictions for Hamlet
Yea that's good.
Original post by mem123
thanks just wondering though could i argue that he is a tragic hero because:
P1: talk about his position as a general - as that is how tragic hero's start off as
P2: Tragic hero due to his tragic fall which his jealousy - which is a product of Iago then talk about their relationship
P3: Alternatively he is not a tragic hero due to the idea that he does not become self aware of his actions e.g. killing Desdemona, killing himself for reputation etc.
Does anybody have predictions on Jekyll and Hyde and Time and Place Poetry?
Anyone got any context points for women of the time? reactions to Emilia or Desdemona?
My Predicitions:

If they ask any of those questions I am getting up and walking out whyyyy no that would be awfullllllllll (other than maybe madness)
Hey I think you're in the wrong thread, this is A-level and not GCSE x
Original post by Cmonnnnn
Does anybody have predictions on Jekyll and Hyde and Time and Place Poetry?

Latest

Trending

Trending