The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

any predictions for edexcel igsce eng lit a view from the bridge and romeo and juliet
Original post by TellMeWhy123232
GUYS I’m so last minute but I haven’t learnt quotes yet for streetcar or othello I know it’s not difficult to but I think I need to reread othello is it worth doing that I can stay up late because exam is like 1:30

omg why is this SO ME RN, I haven't read King Lear so im going to rely on summaries and the analysis of it, why don't you just do that? shakespeare plays are sooooo long, so i wouldnt recommend
Original post by mem123
i don't think my teacher has ever taught us about love and war, what does that mean ?

It's just an essay question my teacher suggested, honestly I hate the title, but I basically thought about war in terms of conflict, and how war is created by Iago using love
Guys I'm just about to edit my original post and put some last minute advice my teacher gave if that helps anyone
justice would be such a good question:smile: i was thinking about religious justice of cordelia because she's described as this angelic woman yet dies and then probably link that to shakespeare's criticism of society?? then yes i'd talk about divine justice in nature (basically talk non stop about the storm scenes ahah) and social justice with the poor naked wretches! it would be silly if justice didn't come up tbh, agreed though, there is no justice at all
Original post by RoseRouge
omg i really hope justice comes up too!! what were you thinking of talking about? I was thinking about how there's no justice, I mean come on both the good characters and bad characters die like what were u on Shakespeare, and also the divine, poetic and social justice:smile:
is anyone doing hamlet !!!!!
Original post by liibby.f
justice would be such a good question:smile: i was thinking about religious justice of cordelia because she's described as this angelic woman yet dies and then probably link that to shakespeare's criticism of society?? then yes i'd talk about divine justice in nature (basically talk non stop about the storm scenes ahah) and social justice with the poor naked wretches! it would be silly if justice didn't come up tbh, agreed though, there is no justice at all

yes that's so true!! I was also thinking that at the end not only does it have a religious connotation but alternatively you could see it as women's role in society and that submissiveness and silence from a women is what's desired? because if you think about it as soon as the sister's had a voice in lear and ruled the kingdom, it didn't end well. Also what do you mean by the poor naked wretches? I thought of social justice in terms of Gloucester and the scene where his eyes are gauged out and because of his sexual misconduct, it was justice in a way according to the law if that makes sense?
Also how many points is it best to make in a streetcar named desire and the shakespeare essay? since shakespeare is longer, about 1 hour and 15 i believe? I'm guessing it needs three good developed points??
i do 3 points for each but i write more in shakespeare cos of critics quotes
Also how many points is it best to make in a streetcar named desire and the shakespeare essay? since shakespeare is longer, about 1 hour and 15 i believe? I'm guessing it needs three good developed points??
ooo that's true and then you could link it to kastan's incalculable murderousness and probably rutter too! with the poor naked wretches i mean that lear became like the poor naked wretches during the storm scenes and as a result of this becomes more aware and his eyesight returns which i assumed could be a form of social justice?? and i'd link that to the 'i've taken too little care of this' quote. and that's also a good point! then you could mention the religious injustice with gloucester getting his eyes gauged out because he yells to the gods for help and they don't help him because of his sexual misconduct. the more i write about it the more i really really want this question to come up
yes that's so true!! I was also thinking that at the end not only does it have a religious connotation but alternatively you could see it as women's role in society and that submissiveness and silence from a women is what's desired? because if you think about it as soon as the sister's had a voice in lear and ruled the kingdom, it didn't end well. Also what do you mean by the poor naked wretches? I thought of social justice in terms of Gloucester and the scene where his eyes are gauged out and because of his sexual misconduct, it was justice in a way according to the law if that makes sense?
Original post by liibby.f
ooo that's true and then you could link it to kastan's incalculable murderousness and probably rutter too! with the poor naked wretches i mean that lear became like the poor naked wretches during the storm scenes and as a result of this becomes more aware and his eyesight returns which i assumed could be a form of social justice?? and i'd link that to the 'i've taken too little care of this' quote. and that's also a good point! then you could mention the religious injustice with gloucester getting his eyes gauged out because he yells to the gods for help and they don't help him because of his sexual misconduct. the more i write about it the more i really really want this question to come up

yessss!! but wouldn't the storm scene be symbolic of divine justice? since he interfered with the fact that only the gods can appoint the king and it just shows how he overvalued his position? tbh it would be both, i mean who says the scene only refers to one type of justice, but is it okay if u further explain how it connects to social justice?, i dont think my brain is getting it haha oopsss. omg yes religious injustice omgggg love ittt, wait but during the jacobean times wasn't religion new or something which is why they keep referring the the gods rather than just one?
Original post by denaturedenzyme
Guys I'm just about to edit my original post and put some last minute advice my teacher gave if that helps anyone

yes pls :smile: x
Just put them up!
Original post by TellMeWhy123232
yes pls :smile: x
Is anyone doing twelfth night and the importance of being earnest?
Earnest - religion, dr chasuble, female characters, Lady bracknell, reputation, morality, Jack/Ernest
Twelfth night predictions - Viola, Feste, melancholy, madness, deception

Any other ideas?
what points would you use for Othello jealousy ?
For Jealousy, I would argue that it exposes the vulnerability of Othello/as a powerful force
- It makes him insecure of himself
- It turns him into a combination of a murderous psychopath and pathetic weak man
- Iago easily manifests it/Shakespeare shows Iago manifest it
Original post by mem123
what points would you use for Othello jealousy ?
Sooo how's everyone feelingggg
Pretty nervous and you?
Original post by denaturedenzyme
Sooo how's everyone feelingggg
Like I'm gonna projectile vomit on my paper... Are you doing anything to prep this morning?
Original post by Shiver2319
Pretty nervous and you?
Reply 99
nervous and scareddd

Latest