The Student Room Group

Do you drive a car?

If so, why? And would you let your other half drive your car if you have one?

If not, why not?
Original post by Anonymous

If not, why not?

No, because where I live I can't justify the extra cost when public transport is so good.

But I would let them drive a car if I had one because they are my partner and it makes more sense to have one car than pay for two IMO.
Reply 2
If you could pay the same as the public transport to drive, would you or do you prefer public transport?
Original post by TheRealSquiddy
No, because where I live I can't justify the extra cost when public transport is so good.

But I would let them drive a car if I had one because they are my partner and it makes more sense to have one car than pay for two IMO.
If you could pay the same as the public transport to drive, would you or do you prefer public transport?

Probably still public transport, living in a major city really makes driving unpleasant.
Reply 4
Ah are you a Londoner mate? Would you prefer to drive if you lived in the countryside?
Original post by TheRealSquiddy
Probably still public transport, living in a major city really makes driving unpleasant.

If not, why not?

Nah I drive cucumber
Is English your first language?
Yes cause it’s so much more convenient and means I don’t have to rely on public transport. Last minute plan with my mates? Just hop in my car and go. In an emergency? I don’t have to wait around for a bus or train. Wanna travel around the countryside? Don’t have to rely on the public transport which may not be that great in the area.

Also means that I can travel in peace and quiet during rush periods when everyone else is jammed into a bus/train.
Reply 8
I drive well... I take pride in it. Only man can control a beast many times the size of his own body. Such gives us dominion.

If not, why not?

Yes I have one and my other half drives it
No, I drive a p*ssy wagon.

If not, why not?

I can drive, but I haven't driven in over 2 years, since about a week or so after I passed my test. I'm at uni so I have no need for a car. There's good public transport and not much parking. And at home. there's buses as well or my dad/brother have cars and are willing to take me places I can't get the bus to.

If I had a car, yeah my boyfriend could drive it. He's a good driver. He let me drive his truck just half way up the road once. But because he's in America, I hated it. Wrong side, no gears as it's automatic. You only drive with your right foot so my left foot was confused as it didn't have anything to do. I kept nearly pressing the gas and brake at same time, gave my boyfriend a stroke. Massive truck to control when I'm only used to a small Ford. So it's safe to say he would not let me drive it again, and I don't blame him!
Did Jesus post on tsr?
Original post by JoshJoshJoshJosh
Did Jesus need to drive a car? No? Didn't think so, anything he doesn't need, I don't need
Yes.
I have a car so that I have access to my own transport and can travel with large dogs in the early hours.
I wouldn't let anyone else drive my car and risk my no claims bonus.
Original post by londonmyst
Yes.
I have a car so that I have access to my own transport and can travel with large dogs in the early hours.
I wouldn't let anyone else drive my car and risk my no claims bonus.

What's 'no claims bonus'
Original post by TheNamesBond.
What's 'no claims bonus'

https://www.biba.org.uk/insurance-guides/motor-insurance-guides/no-claims-bonus/
For me it works out at least £1600, based on what three of my friends of similar age and years of driving are paying for their insurance cover.
Original post by paul514
Yes I have one and my other half drives it

You... not so much chest beating now... 17.4 million
I have a car and once I pass, my partner will be a named driver on it. It's convenient if anything happens to his car as he needs a car every day for work and I don't have any worries because he's an excellent driver. It'll also help bring my premiums down as a new driver.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending