The Student Room Group

edexcel as chemistry 23rd may 2019 (new spec)

how was the exam guyz?

Scroll to see replies

what did u guyzz write for -the rate of reaction 6 marks question ?
-the last question did u find tht animal feeder one in range ?
am i the only one who found the paper was pretty tough ?
what do u expect for the grade boundaries to be ?
(edited 4 years ago)
I messed up in the last question,
What about the isomers, were they cyclic coz I kept double bonds instead I thought they were alkenes
What about the value of X... the moles of the water I got 7
yeah they were cyclic i just drew double bonds and kept shifting the methyl groups
Original post by dametucosita
I messed up in the last question,
What about the isomers, were they cyclic coz I kept double bonds instead I thought they were alkenes
i found the paper hard
what the grade boundaries will b like any idea ?
Reply 7
the exam was so difficult. I didnt even find the mass of the propanoic acid in the animal feeder question, so I skipped the range question. I really hope the grade boundaries are low
Reply 8
i got the value for x as 6 and i got 0.11g for the animal feeding question and 31.35cm3 for the volume of 1chlorobutane.anybody same answers?
what did u guys write for d 6 mark question
Reply 9
Original post by dametucosita
What about the value of X... the moles of the water I got 7

I got 2 for some reason
Reply 10
Original post by Archi93
i got the value for x as 6 and i got 0.11g for the animal feeding question and 31.35cm3 for the volume of 1chlorobutane.anybody same answers?

i got the same for the animal feeding question but I'm not sure about the volume of chlorobutane
It was so easy.
Reply 12
Original post by Alisia123456
yeah they were cyclic i just drew double bonds and kept shifting the methyl groups

wait so what was the answer? I just made them double alkenes and shifted the methyl groups a bunch of times. now that I think about it, it seems dumb 😂 oh well November session here I come
same here value of x i got 6 and i also got 0.11 for animAL question and 26.7 like this maybe for the volume question
Original post by Archi93
Yah animal feeding was 0.11g and the the next part was 2200. It was in range. For chlorobutane it was 27.9 something
Original post by Yas.exe
i got the same for the animal feeding question but I'm not sure about the volume of chlorobutane
Reply 15
same here value of x i got 6 and i also got 0.11 for animAL question and 26.7 like this maybe for the volume question

nice what did u write for the 6 mark question
yeah oct nov session awaits for us dear :cry2:
Original post by Yas.exe
wait so what was the answer? I just made them double alkenes and shifted the methyl groups a bunch of times. now that I think about it, it seems dumb 😂 oh well November session here I come
Reply 17
I found the paper terrible. Too long and I didn't get the chance to finish. Hope the Grade Boundaries will be low cause it was too f'dup
i found the paper hard
Reply 18

Spoiler

how'd everyone do the half equations of iodine and H2O2

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending