The Student Room Group

The "liberal" left-wing intellectuals are aliented from real people

The academic system has created a breed of people that exist in a tiny bubble and are completely alienated from real people (not all people in the academic system are like this). These people regard ordinary people as a mass of tabloid reading ignorant Brexit advocators who are so ignorant that they didn't know what they were voting for.

You have the Marxist, who has a Che Guevara T-shirt and champions the rights of workers and workers movements worldwide, but he cannot bare to sit at the same table as a working man in the UK, a working class person. You have the feminist whose husband owns a hedge fund and lives in a 3m house in Notting Hill claiming that she is oppressed and that we should all be mindful of gender binary privilege. Normal women have no idea what she is talking about.

You have people calling themselves liberals, that are completely illiberal. They carry on with this indignant self-righteous attitude and are conceited in their ignorance. Anyone who disagrees with them is a fascist and needs to be dealt with through force, or perhaps have milkshakes thrown on them.

These are low information people if information is to mean understanding both sides of an argument. "Both sides" as a principle is something they hate, and actually something they consider to be hate. When Trump said that there was trouble on both sides in Charlottesville, they were astounded; both sides! They only understand their side of the argument. When it comes to the other side, they are low information people.

An example is Trump / Russiagate. These people never went and did 5 minutes of research before jumping to strong conclusions. They were for 3 years completely unaware of the Steele Dossier, produced by Fusion GPS and paid for by the DNC and Clinton campaign. (And most of them have strong views and are still unaware of this). They know their information well, but any other views, they accept as pop ups headlines from the Guardian mobile news app.

If they hear someone talking about postmodernist post-marxism i.e. the value system that says that no structures exist, there is no such thing as truth, and the dynamics of marxism are to be transplanted on various social groups (i.e. victim and oppressor groups in class, replaced by victim and oppressor groups in gender, race, religion etc.) - they take the Guardian pop up headline view of the view of their lecturers - these are the rantings of far-right fascist Neo-nazi conspiracy theorists. Again zero research, zero thought - which is their way of life.

Someone brings up the Rotherham incident (sympomatic of British political correctness) - they minimise, deconstruct - it's only thing, it's only that. Only the far-right are concerned.

Someone brings up that large scale immigration is a threat to maintaining British culture - does not compute, does not compute - You must be a bigot they say. How dare you they think. That contradicts all the values of postmodern progressivism because borders are symbols of the systemic racial repression of historic Western colonial powers.

We are in their faces now. They can try to deconstruct, minmise, silence, suppress, repress, call us terrible far-right Nazi scum who hate. I say to them that we don't hate anyone, we hate your oppressive, illogical, Western self-hating nonsense. The best thing is that we have the numbers, they only have the propaganda and the organs of the propaganda, the media for example.

The question to ask yourself is are you neutral in your views? Or are you caught by one sided propaganda.
i was shocked by the treatment of Professor Scruton; he is truly a great thinker who has been punished for refusing to accept the otiose mindwarping of the left wing yoony mafia.
Cambridge was in living memory a vibrant intellectually independent powerhouse; now it is just another clone of the deadening value-free institutions which stretch from California to Sydney.
ok
They are especially happy because they can have comfortable lives while at the same time feel meaningful by rallying against the evil capitalist Western imperialist of systemic racism and inequalities, as well as the large scale problem of heteronormativity.
Original post by Retired_Messiah

This is the typical smug attempt at Ad Hominem through humour, by someone reacting to a post about runaway cultural marxism.

If its nonsense/ wrong, then tell me in terms of the actual subject matter why its wrong. I am sure you would love to report and delete every thread that disagrees with you because it is the technique that you have learned from your fascist left-wing professors; no platform them, delete them, erase, bash bash bash.
Reply 6
you've made this thread 4 times from 4 different accounts since last night :yawn:
Reply 7
Well done, but their vote counts the same as yours so it doesn't matter.

How about people appreciate why others may have an opinion different from yours and what a realistic solution would be.
Create a blog and stop ranting.
Reply 9
Original post by xDron3
Well done, but their vote counts the same as yours so it doesn't matter.

How about people appreciate why others may have an opinion different from yours and what a realistic solution would be.

I love your absolutely self-negating reply, stating that we don't listen. We are willing to talk, we listen, we fully understand your position. It is the progressives, the left who refuse to listen or discuss. Their official policies are no-platforming and refusing to engage. So you're basically criticising people for not engaging with people who refuse to engage with them. That is the usual level of nonsense that we are faced with from the left. Its the same type of nonsense that says that we are bigots if we call out bigotry towards men, whites and Christians. You are the ones who are unable to communicate.
Original post by the bear
i was shocked by the treatment of Professor Scruton; he is truly a great thinker who has been punished for refusing to accept the otiose mindwarping of the left wing yoony mafia.
Cambridge was in living memory a vibrant intellectually independent powerhouse; now it is just another clone of the deadening value-free institutions which stretch from California to Sydney.

Thinking has been replaced by virtue signalling, individualism has been replaced by herd thinking and the word 'liberal' is now used to describe highly restrictive and censorious behaviour.
Reply 11
Original post by YaliaV
Create a blog and stop ranting.

Should only people with the correct ideas be able to express them. Should my ideas be excluded to a shared area? Who gets to define what the "correct" ideas are?
Reply 12
Original post by bigrebel27
I love your absolutely self-negating reply, stating that we don't listen. We are willing to talk, we listen, we fully understand your position. It is the progressives, the left who refuse to listen or discuss. Their official policies are no-platforming and refusing to engage. So you're basically criticising people for not engaging with people who refuse to engage with them. That is the usual level of nonsense that we are faced with from the left. Its the same type of nonsense that says that we are bigots if we call out bigotry towards men, whites and Christians. You are the ones who are unable to communicate.

I'm right wing / conservative and pro-brexit so you've played yourself there. You've come out with a huge thread completely bashing the opposing wing with no context so you look like the prick
Reply 13
Original post by Good bloke
Thinking has been replaced by virtue signalling, individualism has been replaced by herd thinking and the word 'liberal' is now used to describe highly restrictive and censorious behaviour.

Exactly, and yet the consensus is still to try and bash anyone who points out this fact.
Original post by UCL_Student
This is the typical smug attempt at Ad Hominem through humour, by someone reacting to a post about runaway cultural marxism.

If its nonsense/ wrong, then tell me in terms of the actual subject matter why its wrong. I am sure you would love to report and delete every thread that disagrees with you because it is the technique that you have learned from your fascist left-wing professors; no platform them, delete them, erase, bash bash bash.

this thread is made somewhere on the site every other day. I haven't actually reported the thread because it doesn't go against TRS ToS (boi what a phrase) as far as I can tell. But I don't care to make a fleshed out response, especially when the examples given in the OP straight up don't exist (Feminists that hold male privilege exists being married to men with hedge funds? Please.)
and here is the person who has meditated under a tree, and worked every job known to man, to explain that liberals are always in a bubble... :colonhash:

(I was funded many times by George Soros :wink:)
Original post by Good bloke

you will be taken for re-education shortly Bloke

smh

Quick Reply

Latest