The Student Room Group

edexcel economics b 23rd may: unofficial mark scheme

Haven't seen anyone else make one yet so thought id do it, here are all the questions i can remember, any help would be great:

calculate loreal market share (4)
why is niche market greater than mass for north american costmetics (4)
how underemployment contributes to gender pay gap (4)
likely impact for natura on buying bodyshop
(something about l'oreal and the asia-pacific market)
(more questions i cannot remember at all)
to what extent can enivronmental damage by MNCs be controlled by government (20)
how important is quality to car manufacturers toyota and tesla (20)

I honestly cant remember the order so haven't put the marks on all of them.
Whats your thoughts on the exam?
I personally thought it went quite well, none of the questions were too hard for me so i'm quite confident about it - anyone else?
Original post by niamhemc
Haven't seen anyone else make one yet so thought id do it, here are all the questions i can remember, any help would be great:

to what extent can enivronmental damage by MNCs be controlled by government (20)

I personally thought it went quite well, none of the questions were too hard for me so i'm quite confident about it - anyone else?

I think it was the effect on L'Oreal of the growing asia-pacific cosmetics market? And tbh I can't remember any more questions either lol.
I felt more confident with this paper than the previous one, but I don't know if it well. How did you answer the underemployment one? I found this one the hardest by far
It was how will a sales increase affect l’oreal. With reference to the growth in the Asian Pacific market
Reply 3
Original post by resultslol
I think it was the effect on L'Oreal of the growing asia-pacific cosmetics market? And tbh I can't remember any more questions either lol.
I felt more confident with this paper than the previous one, but I don't know if it well. How did you answer the underemployment one? I found this one the hardest by far

oh yes that was it thank you!
And yeah the underemployment one was a bit strange wasnt it - i basically said that there are 2 types of underemployment, being in work that is below ur skill level, and being in part time work when you want to work full time, and so in reference to the extract, the fact that the source says men tend to be in higher level/higher paid managerial positions more so than women is a form of underemployment contributing to the gender pay gap. and also the source said more women are in part-time work than men, therefore earning a lower annual income as they aren't working as many hours, again widening the gender pay gap.
thats what I thought of i wasn't really sure what to say cos im not sure how the gender pay gap is measured but i didnt want to spend too much time on it cos it was only a four marker x
oh yes that was it thank you!
And yeah the underemployment one was a bit strange wasnt it - i basically said that there are 2 types of underemployment, being in work that is below ur skill level, and being in part time work when you want to work full time, and so in reference to the extract, the fact that the source says men tend to be in higher level/higher paid managerial positions more so than women is a form of underemployment contributing to the gender pay gap. and also the source said more women are in part-time work than men, therefore earning a lower annual income as they aren't working as many hours, again widening the gender pay gap.
thats what I thought of i wasn't really sure what to say cos im not sure how the gender pay gap is measured but i didnt want to spend too much time on it cos it was only a four marker x

No problem! And I feel like it was a 6 marker but I don't remember anymore and your answer makes really good sense!
Is this AS??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending