Accommodation for postgraduates in Bristol

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey, I was wondering if anyone had stayed in university owned accommodation for postgraduates or privately owned student halls. I'm looking into my options for September.

If you have stayed in these kinds of accommodation, what was your experience like? Did you like your room and the building in general? Would also appreciate any recommendations for specific halls.
Will Keggy
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I am also looking heard anything?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Will Keggy)
I am also looking heard anything?
Nope, I've applied for the university owned accommodation. However I'm not sure how likely I am to get an offer for accommodation since I am a home student and therefore I'm not guaranteed accommodation.

Have you applied for/found accommodation?
ekek
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Nope, I've applied for the university owned accommodation. However I'm not sure how likely I am to get an offer for accommodation since I am a home student and therefore I'm not guaranteed accommodation.

Have you applied for/found accommodation?
that's what i'm worried about too! when did you apply for the uni accommodation?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ekek)
that's what i'm worried about too! when did you apply for the uni accommodation?
Literally only last night, I don't know why I left it this late when I originally started the application 2 weeks before. Which uni accomm have you applied for?
ekek
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Literally only last night, I don't know why I left it this late when I originally started the application 2 weeks before. Which uni accomm have you applied for?
hopefully you'll get somewhere! i applied for brunel house and chantry court. where did you apply?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ekek)
hopefully you'll get somewhere! i applied for brunel house and chantry court. where did you apply?
Thanks and the same to you! I've applied for Harbour Court and Dean's Court
Anonymous #1
Have you heard anything about accommodation yet?
amandapanda22
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi. I’m an postgraduate international student. I am guaranteed housing but haven’t received an offer yet. I contacted the housing office and they said they’re in the process of handing the offers out now so hopefully this week you and I will get an offer.
ShurikenSix
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Received an offer for Chantry Court en-suite today!
Anonymous #1
That's good to hear! I still haven't heard anything, but I'm not guaranteed accommodation anyway. I don't really have much hope now because yesterday I received an email from them saying that they are now giving the last few offers for accommodation.
amandapanda22
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
That's good to hear! I still haven't heard anything, but I'm not guaranteed accommodation anyway. I don't really have much hope now because yesterday I received an email from them saying that they are now giving the last few offers for accommodation.
I just got my offer. Maybe that is the case. If it is, Im sorry
Anonymous #1
I have just been offered accommodation, I am over the moon! If anyone is still waiting for accommodation, just stay hopeful as I have received an offer even though I wasn't guaranteed it.
lame-o
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I applied for accommodation on the day applications opened up, but I still haven't heard back yet. It's crazy that they would leave it so late. Less than a month now until potential move in date!
Happy to hear that the rest of you have places though. Hope you're all as excited as I am for September.
Harry257
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by ShurikenSix)
Received an offer for Chantry Court en-suite today!
Hello. I'm planning to apply for the same. How do you like the place? Can you please give me a short review?
19Jex92
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Harry257)
Hello. I'm planning to apply for the same. How do you like the place? Can you please give me a short review?
^^^^ same, following
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (162)
14.52%
I'm not sure (50)
4.48%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (330)
29.57%
I have already dropped out (33)
2.96%
I'm not a current university student (541)
48.48%

Watched Threads