The Student Room Group

GCSE Religious Studies Edexcel Exam 2019 - Christianity

So how do people feel about this exam?
What do you guys think the grade boundaries will be like?
What do you think the main topics will be??
I don't feel too stressed out yet, luckily. I'm a little unprepared, as there are little gaps in my knowledge (like the specific details) but overall, i do not think it is an incredibly hard exam to pass, as some people have said they made up quotes and still got a good grade or they didn't write as much or as well as they had hoped and still got a grade they were very happy with. I'm not really sure what the topics will be, the practice paper i did yesterday from last years GCSEs had stuff on incarnation, baptism, suffering. Good luck to anyone taking the exam today - remember to stay calm and stay strong.

Lucy xx
Reply 2
MOOD-- idk how imma survive.
Reply 3
good luck to everyone xoxo
that exam was HARD
That was complicated
Reply 6
Okay there were some new question types in the (b) type questions, particularly asking for beliefs/teachings in the Bible directly. The (d) questions were a mixture; Question 4;d was the only question that allowed you to use non-Christian arguments, so was the easiest one in my opinion. Question 2;d was the one I struggled with the most and didn't manage to complete nor write a conclusion for. The other two I managed to squeeze in a conclusion. I found writing an "appraisal" for each argument quite difficult to fit into the time limit and ended up spending the first 40 minutes, just on Question 1, before realising my errors and rushing through the remaining sections, completing parts of the 12/15 markers before moving on. Overall it wasn't that bad of an exam in my opinion, a lot of the topics that came up last year resurfaced as less demanding questions, however the wording for some of the questions was questionable and the questions didn't give you a lot of leeway for open-ended responses, which is different from what we've seen from last year. Was it harder than the 2018 exam? Yes.
totally agree
Original post by Qadeer1
Okay there were some new question types in the (b) type questions, particularly asking for beliefs/teachings in the Bible directly. The (d) questions were a mixture; Question 4;d was the only question that allowed you to use non-Christian arguments, so was the easiest one in my opinion. Question 2;d was the one I struggled with the most and didn't manage to complete nor write a conclusion for. The other two I managed to squeeze in a conclusion. I found writing an "appraisal" for each argument quite difficult to fit into the time limit and ended up spending the first 40 minutes, just on Question 1, before realising my errors and rushing through the remaining sections, completing parts of the 12/15 markers before moving on. Overall it wasn't that bad of an exam in my opinion, a lot of the topics that came up last year resurfaced as less demanding questions, however the wording for some of the questions was questionable and the questions didn't give you a lot of leeway for open-ended responses, which is different from what we've seen from last year. Was it harder than the 2018 exam? Yes.
Reply 8
Original post by harsimran07
So how do people feel about this exam?
What do you guys think the grade boundaries will be like?
What do you think the main topics will be??

Already done mine but I bet the grade boundaries will be high
Reply 9
Original post by Qadeer1

Really? I found the exam surprisingly okay except the reconciliation 12 marker question and the first 5 marker about the Nicene Creed. But overall, I still attempted every question even though I didnt really know what to do for those two question. But I hope you did good as I hope the same with everyone else :smile:
Yeah same. It seemed surprisingly easy in my opinion so you’re right the boundaries will probably be quite high. What are your predictions though??
Original post by 14SarJon
Already done mine but I bet the grade boundaries will be high
But at the same time I agree with you, the way the questions were worded were questionable like you said.
Original post by Qadeer1
Original post by harsimran07
Really? I found the exam surprisingly okay except the reconciliation 12 marker question and the first 5 marker about the Nicene Creed. But overall, I still attempted every question even though I didnt really know what to do for those two question. But I hope you did good as I hope the same with everyone else :smile:

yeah i struggled on the Nicene Creed mind went blank still don't know what it is now lmao....i felt i did alot better in my mocks then i have done know but good luck hope you smashed it
I didn't appraise in 6/8 12 markers how marks have I automatically loss?
72 marks lost
How come you didn’t attempt them??
Original post by Amari_113
I didn't appraise in 6/8 12 markers how marks have I automatically loss?
Reply 15
Does anyone remember the question that came for the Christianity paper edexcel?

Quick Reply

Latest