The Student Room Group

Brexit voter hit with milkshake at the polling station

This is wrong surely? Just because he voted differently to other people doesnt mean he should be subjected to this https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/23/brexit-party-pensioner-hit-milkshake-outside-polling-station-9661212/?ito=article.tablet.share.top.facebook

Scroll to see replies

Assulting people because we do not like their options. Sigh,
You know you have lost the argument when you resort to violence.
DA07CD4B-4448-4C4F-8F19-C5288AD69E34.jpeg
Reply 4
Beats getting shot I guess.
Original post by Rock Fan
This is wrong surely? Just because he voted differently to other people doesnt mean he should be subjected to this https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/23/brexit-party-pensioner-hit-milkshake-outside-polling-station-9661212/?ito=article.tablet.share.top.facebook

How'd they know how he voted?
Original post by the beer
How'd they know how he voted?

He was wearing a rosette.
Original post by Good bloke
He was wearing a rosette.

Ah i see, rock fan being a little dishonest then.
Original post by the beer
Ah i see, rock fan being a little dishonest then.

In what way? Are you saying that rosette-wearers are fair game for violence?
Laughed at Robinson and Farage (not to be endorsed but their reaction lol) - but assaulting voters is frankly disgusting when they are exercising their democratic rights by law, and should not be condemned or assaulted for doing so
Original post by Good bloke
In what way? Are you saying that rosette-wearers are fair game for violence?

I think you answered that yourself, he was attacked for the rosette not his vote and no, i'm saying rock fan was a little dishonest.
He should have retaliated by knocking the **** out of him
Original post by SMEGGGY
He should have retaliated by knocking the **** out of him

He's just a bit too old to fight back.
Udderly disgraceful.
it would shock me if someone got shot thank goodness guns are hard to get hold off in the uk
Original post by Napp
Beats getting shot I guess.
Embarrassing a politician who probably has a dozen spare suits on his tour bus is one thing, but doing it to a little old bloke for supporting his party is just a **** move.
once you normalize political violence, who you can and can't attack becomes a line that's drawn by the individual. Best just to keep it as "don't throw milkshakes over anyone" - that way we are all clear. Rather then what some on the left are turning it into "its ok to throw milkshakes over facists/nazis/racists etc.". Then the only thing stopping someone from thinking its ok to throw something at you is their subjective judgement of you.

I am genuinly worried at the moment for an escalation of violence. History, recent and old, is pretty clear on how both sides conduct violence. The left attack in lots of repeated small ways, through manipulation, protest, intimidation etc. The right though, while it attacks less, when it does its far far more devistatingly violent. You only need to look at the politically motivated shootings of the last 10 years to see this. I am worried that the left will miss this, see the right as a passive force that doesn't seem to be attacking back, and then keep pushing them until we see more mass shootings, far right riots and conflicts on our streets.
Reply 17
Original post by looloo2134
it would shock me if someone got shot thank goodness guns are hard to get hold off in the uk

Alas I was referring to the MP who was murdered by a neo nazi thug.
Original post by Napp
Alas I was referring to the MP who was murdered by a neo nazi thug.

#1 you win!! most oppressed!!!!11 best whataboutery!
Reply 19
Original post by Dara Dahl
#1 you win!! most oppressed!!!!11 best whataboutery!

Eh?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending