The Student Room Group

missed an exam.

i missed my english lit exam because i stressed out so bad beforehand, my attendance is very low so i missed a majority of the content & the exam is very content based, as you needs quotes ect. i'm really worried what will happen now. i completed paper 1 but not 2. will i be able to resit? if so when?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by aljs0503
i missed my english lit exam because i stressed out so bad beforehand, my attendance is very low so i missed a majority of the content & the exam is very content based, as you needs quotes ect. i'm really worried what will happen now. i completed paper 1 but not 2. will i be able to resit? if so when?

you can resit in college if you need to. I have to resit as well.

If this is a GCSE taken in England then you can't resit the missed paper but could resit all of the Exams in the subject in summer 2020. You would most likely have to pay to resit as a private candidate as the government only provides funding for maths and English language resits. You probably shouldn't bother and should focus your energy on working towards what you want to do in the future. Not having gcse in English literature is unlikely to be significant in your future.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 3
Or resit at January like a bad boy, I think IGCSE only available at January but its the same stuff anyway... (and same accreditation)
https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/Support/Examination-timetables-for-Edexcel-International-GCSE/1901_intGCSE_final.pdf (you can find unit codes, exam length and other useful stuff like when about exam starts here)
(edited 4 years ago)
you'll have to retake both exams in the next exam period
Original post by xipo7101
Or resit at January like a bad boy, I think IGCSE only available at January but its the same stuff anyway... (and same accreditation)
https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/Support/Examination-timetables-for-Edexcel-International-GCSE/1901_intGCSE_final.pdf (you can find unit codes, exam length and other useful stuff like when about exam starts here)

actually IGCSE is not available in January at all. It's only available for the may/june session and the oct/nov session. And the lit IGCSE syllabus is fairly different from the lit GCSE syllabus. The credit is same though.
Reply 6
My link is literally the exam timetable for January exams so it is available, one guy I know did IGCSE maths this January
Original post by ANO-NI-MUS
actually IGCSE is not available in January at all. It's only available for the may/june session and the oct/nov session. And the lit IGCSE syllabus is fairly different from the lit GCSE syllabus. The credit is same though.
I did IGCSE maths this Jan too
My link is literally the exam timetable for January exams so it is available, one guy I know did IGCSE maths this January
Reply 8
My friend said it was filthy hard and he did further maths too
Original post by Kinyonga
same
You should have come, the questions were blessed.
I'm not really qualified to say how hard it was since I'd not done maths for about three years beforehand and only had a month to prepare, but I will say it wasn't easy. Still, got the 5 unis require so that's what counts :tongue:
My friend said it was filthy hard and he did further maths too
Although I was only a few marks off a 6 which is quite sad
I'm not really qualified to say how hard it was since I'd not done maths for about three years beforehand and only had a month to prepare, but I will say it wasn't easy. Still, got the 5 unis require so that's what counts :tongue:

What we got told if you dont do it this year, you'll have to retake it next year and get a fail this year. So if you're yr11 you'll have to either stay on at you're school or do it at college

u can do it on the contingency day whoch is like 26 june or soemthing but will be a diff paper
Yeah many of my classmates got offers from top unis with 5/6 in gcses so that defo true you don't really need more unless its medicine.
Including me but I got 9 in main subjects thou, so maybe not the best example.
Although I was only a few marks off a 6 which is quite sad
Exactly. Also I decided to go for the January exam rather than the summer one because that way if I missed the grade I needed I could resit now. Maths is the only GCSE I did so I guess the unis just needed an indication I can do basic maths. (Which I pretty much can't but hey)
Yeah many of my classmates got offers from top unis with 5/6 in gcses so that defo true you don't really need more unless its medicine.
Including me but I got 9 in main subjects thou, so maybe not the best example.

ok my bad I didn't realise you were talking about edexel. I did CIE and CIE only has may/june and oct/nov.
Some of my friends have had clashes with other exams so they haven’t been able to do it so they have had to stop at an examiners/ invigilators house and do it the following day. However you might have to resist the entire course and do the final exams again in summer 2020 x
Original post by gdunne42
If this is a GCSE taken in England then you can't resit the missed paper but could resit all of the Exams in the subject in summer 2020. You would most likely have to pay to resit as a private candidate as the government only provides funding for maths and English language resits. You probably shouldn't bother and should focus your energy on working towards what you want to do in the future. Not having gcse in English literature is unlikely to be significant in your future.
Original post by b3kk4050703
Some of my friends have had clashes with other exams so they haven’t been able to do it so they have had to stop at an examiners/ invigilators house and do it the following day. However you might have to resist the entire course and do the final exams again in summer 2020 x

At their house lmfao? Sweet.

Quick Reply

Latest