The Student Room Group

OCR A Level PE - May 23rd paper

How did everyone find the paper today??
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Not too bad on the whole, surprised to see EPOC come up as it was in the 20 marker last year, and I wasn't a fan of the injuries part of the 20 marker, but other than that, no complaints. Q5 was a nice gift!
Reply 2
Agreed. The calf raise at the knee was awful tbh as well. And it was difficult to get examples into the 20 marker
Original post by LekaJ
Not too bad on the whole, surprised to see EPOC come up as it was in the 20 marker last year, and I wasn't a fan of the injuries part of the 20 marker, but other than that, no complaints. Q5 was a nice gift!
Reply 3
which one was Q5?

Original post by LekaJ
Reply 4
The technology for analysis one
Original post by drprval
which one was Q5?
Reply 5
Original post by drprval
which one was Q5?

The one about technologies, so you just had to name wind tunnels and limb kinematics
Reply 6
oh yeah that was good. I believe I put wind tunnels and limb kinematics

Original post by isharobbie
The technology for analysis one
Reply 7
Agreed. The calf raise at the knee was awful tbh as well. And it was difficult to get examples into the 20 marker

Yeah agreed on difficulty with examples, I just kept referring back to the ‘elite runner’.
Reply 8
Yep me too
Original post by drprval
oh yeah that was good. I believe I put wind tunnels and limb kinematics
I freaked out on the end of the 20 marker but think I got a few points- it just didn’t have much to say for them
Reply 10

Also thought ‘implications’ and ‘beneficial’ was quite contradictory on the warm up question, not sure if that was just me?
It was SUCH an odd question
Original post by olivt024.302
I freaked out on the end of the 20 marker but think I got a few points- it just didn’t have much to say for them
most of my AO2 in the 20 marker went to explaining how the runner could have got a sprain/strain etc
Yeh that was really weird but I just put down physiological effects like normal
Original post by LekaJ
Also thought ‘implications’ and ‘beneficial’ was quite contradictory on the warm up question, not sure if that was just me?
That was the same for me, it couldn't really be done for breathing
Original post by drprval
most of my AO2 in the 20 marker went to explaining how the runner could have got a sprain/strain etc
Reply 15
Yeh that was really weird but I just put down physiological effects like normal

Yeah same, that was all it could’ve been, just a strange choice of words
nah it couldn't. having said that I think I wrote a load of garbage for contrast therapy
That was the same for me, it couldn't really be done for breathing
What’d everyone get for the movement analysis question with the calf raise
What do you guys think the boundaries will be - last years paper was 62- a*
Reply 19
Original post by Max Holford
What’d everyone get for the movement analysis question with the calf raise

Extension, Concentric, hinge (not sure that’s right), plantar flexion and gastrocnemius.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest