The Student Room Group

Who do I VOTE FOR?

Right lads, we've got about 1 hour until I go to vote, but I'm still undecided! I've decided I want to vote for a pro-Brexit party (as much as I don't want to leave the EU, I think the idea of a second referendum will create A LOT of civil unrest and possible riots etc.), but I also don't want to vote for parties like UKIP and the Conservatives, (ie right parties). Help, I'm a first time voter!
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

smol bump (ik it's only been a min but I need advice urgently!)
Original post by carol.leader
Right lads, we've got about 1 hour until I go to vote, but I'm still undecided! I've decided I want to vote for a pro-Brexit party (as much as I don't want to leave the EU, I think the idea of a second referendum will create A LOT of civil unrest and possible riots etc.), but I also don't want to vote for parties like UKIP and the Conservatives, (ie right parties). Help, I'm a first time voter!

Okay let me make this clear this is a EUROPEAN election, these are our representatives in the EU parliament.

Vote for the part you think will give us the best voice in the EU.

TBH you seem like you should vote Brexit Party or UKIP based on what you want.
Original post by TheRealSquiddy
Okay let me make this clear this is a EUROPEAN election, these are our representatives in the EU parliament.

Vote for the part you think will give us the best voice in the EU.

TBH you seem like you should vote Brexit Party or UKIP based on what you want.

Ooh, right, so it's more voting for who I think would be able to best represent the UK in the EU? Sorry, I've got my A Levels coming up so I haven't kept up with current affairs us much as I'd have liked to!
I totally agree with you. Don’t want to vote the Brexit party but think it’s the only choice tbh
Reply 5
Brexit Party is (obviously) pro-Brexit. Yorkshire Party is indifferently pro-whatever Yorkshire voted for, which is Leave. But that's only useful if you're Yorkshireish.

Not sure about any others.
Dont vote, its not like voting makes a difference to anything
Ooh, right, so it's more voting for who I think would be able to best represent the UK in the EU? Sorry, I've got my A Levels coming up so I haven't kept up with current affairs us much as I'd have liked to!

Exactly, so each country has a set number of representatives in the EU. Every country on the EU elects their own people to represent them.

In all honesty, polling suggests that the Brexit party will get a landslide victory.

Vote labour, they're getting very pathetic now and I don't think they'll support a second referendum
#votetommy :colone:
Original post by _thestudent33
Vote labour, they're getting very pathetic now and I don't think they'll support a second referendum

Wasn't Corbyns whole thing based on giving the people a second vote?

Which is ironic considering he's been campaigning for Brexit for the last 30 years 🤔

Which is ironic considering he's been campaigning for Brexit for the last 30 years 🤔

The party is in a shambles right now, God knows what Corbyn wants
Original post by _thestudent33
The party is in a shambles right now, God knows what Corbyn wants

So are the Tories, the next election is going to be something.

I've been a pretty consistent Tory voter since I was 18 but I don't even know who to vote for these days.
So are the Tories, the next election is going to be something.

I've been a pretty consistent Tory voter since I was 18 but I don't even know who to vote for these days.

Yeah both parties are in chaos, now is the time for old nigel and Vincey to win their parties some seats
even if you are pro Brexit DONT VOTE FOR A PRO BREXIT PARTY. you need to go into this election with the mindset of if we stay in the EU. This is because whoever is elected makes decisions on policies in the EU parliament. This election shouldn't be leave Vs remain because it has nothing to do with Brexit, that's a UK parliament matter not an EU parliament matter. if you do think the pro Brexit parties do represent you best in terms of policies (even though the Brexit party literally has no other policy) vote for them. I know I'm voting for the green or lib dems
Original post by Neilos
Brexit Party is (obviously) pro-Brexit. Yorkshire Party is indifferently pro-whatever Yorkshire voted for, which is Leave. But that's only useful if you're Yorkshireish.

Not sure about any others.

Yeh, I'm in London so I can't vote for that party; thanks anyway!
Original post by JJJJJAAAAMES
Dont vote, its not like voting makes a difference to anything

absolutely not mate :argh: many people don't vote, then complain about what's happening to their country... this is my first vote as a legal adult, and as a woman, and many people fought for the right to vote - why should I throw that away?? I'm gonna start my 'voting life' the right way!
Original post by Prussianxo
even if you are pro Brexit DONT VOTE FOR A PRO BREXIT PARTY. you need to go into this election with the mindset of if we stay in the EU. This is because whoever is elected makes decisions on policies in the EU parliament. This election shouldn't be leave Vs remain because it has nothing to do with Brexit, that's a UK parliament matter not an EU parliament matter. if you do think the pro Brexit parties do represent you best in terms of policies (even though the Brexit party literally has no other policy) vote for them. I know I'm voting for the green or lib dems

Why should we have the mindset of if we stay in the EU, considering the leave result has been put in law and at this point in time it's essentially the default option?
Furthermore... Why should leave supporters not vote for what they believe in?

These elections literally do relate to Brexit, which in turn literally does relate to EU parliament (I don't understand why you think it doesn't) and that's exactly why the Brexit Party has been founded
The Brexit Party doesn't have a manifesto as present, but in terms of policies I believe they loosely relate to UKIP's but straying away from the far-right aspect which UKIP has stupidly devolved into
(edited 4 years ago)

Yes, I agree, I've never really been a huge fan of Corbyn... seems like he's party leader just to have a voice, and doesn't really have any sort of ambition in leading the country/using his voice for the greater good... just my opinion though!
absolutely not mate :argh: many people don't vote, then complain about what's happening to their country... this is my first vote as a legal adult, and as a woman, and many people fought for the right to vote - why should I throw that away?? I'm gonna start my 'voting life' the right way!

Very good mindset! You should be proud of your history and relish your right to vote
Many people take democracy for granted and throw votes away like they're nothing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending