The Student Room Group

AQA english literature paper 2

I did english literature paper 2 today and was wondering what others have compared the war photographer poem to ?? I did charge of the light brigade and everyone has said its bad🤣

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Exposure
I did it to Remains, because of the motifs of blood stains and hands, as well as the structure and form being for similar effects.
Original post by samofcoding
I did it to Remains, because of the motifs of blood stains and hands, as well as the structure and form being for similar effects.

I was going to do remains but my brain went completely dead and i couldnt think of quotes , literally so so frustrating. Hope you did well :smile:
I hope so too! - I had studied Remains the night before, and did a practice question on the effect of war, so am quite happy about it! :biggrin:
Original post by Forrester445556
I was going to do remains but my brain went completely dead and i couldnt think of quotes , literally so so frustrating. Hope you did well :smile:
I did charge of light brigade too and it’s a good comparison mate some peole did London and kamikaze so yeah
Original post by Dmkajahsh
I did charge of light brigade too and it’s a good comparison mate some peole did London and kamikaze so yeah

Yeah i was also gonna try to do kamikaze because i couldnt think of any other quotes until I remembered some from charge of the light brigade, but yeah that makes me feel abit better :biggrin:
Yeah i was also gonna try to do kamikaze because i couldnt think of any other quotes until I remembered some from charge of the light brigade, but yeah that makes me feel abit better :biggrin:

Both poems show effect of war I did a exact essay last week and got a pretty high mark so chillllkkkk
What grade u aiming for
I compared it to Exposure
Original post by Bubbles - 003
I compared it to Exposure

samee:smile:
Original post by Dmkajahsh
Both poems show effect of war I did a exact essay last week and got a pretty high mark so chillllkkkk
What grade u aiming for

Im much more chill now haha but im not too fussed about getting a high grade as long as its 4/5. Ive got a grade 6 in mocks so im hoping to get that :/ what about you ?
I compared to remains and for the context I said how in remains it was about a vetran soldier who had ptsd that simon armitage interviewed and that however in war photographer Carol Ann Duffy was friends with war photographers that inspired her to write the poem and that both poets weren't involved in war themselves so it might be biased or inaccurate etc.

U guys think thats ok?
Original post by sonu2003
I compared to remains and for the context I said how in remains it was about a vetran soldier who had ptsd that simon armitage interviewed and that however in war photographer Carol Ann Duffy was friends with war photographers that inspired her to write the poem and that both poets weren't involved in war themselves so it might be biased or inaccurate etc.

U guys think thats ok?

I think that’s completely fine :smile: as long as you also did quotes and other analysis you’ve probably hit high marks. Well done dude
Thanks bro :biggrin:
I think that’s completely fine :smile: as long as you also did quotes and other analysis you’ve probably hit high marks. Well done dude
I did COTLB too. Any comparison is absolutely fine at the end of the day so long as you follow a logical argument that clearly links.

I talked about the impression of a warrior cult that Tennyson conveys and how he suggests that the only interpretation we should have of war is one of pride, whereas Duffy criticises our lack of concern for growing overseas intervention in militaristic cultures such as "Phonm Penh" - our everlasting support for American military action.

Overall, in War Photographer, war doesn't have as much impact on our lives as it should, but in COTLB then we shouldn't really be distressed by it since it's a noble sacrifice in the eyes of God (Psalm 23:4).
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 15
I compared mine to Poppies (just used the concept of conflict and loss in both poems)

And I know a few others who compared their poems to it too, most compared it to Remains.

By the way, I think Charge of the Light Brigade was a good choice! Don't worry about it, I know others who compared theirs to it too, and they were happy with the question.

There's a lot to write about it, I'm pretty sure you did well :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by sdr981
I did COTLB too. Any comparison is absolutely fine at the end of the day so long as you follow a logical argument that clearly links.
I talked about the impression of a warrior cult that Tennyson envisions and how he suggests that the only interpretation we should have of war is one of pride, whereas Duffy criticises our lack of concern for growing overseas intervention in militaristic cultures.

Your analysis is amazing, i only talked about the basics like how they both show PTSD in some way and how much they’ve been affected :/ Not the best but its all i knew
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by xspiren
I compared mine to Poppies (just used the concept of conflict and loss in both poems)

And I know a few others who compared their poems to it too, most compared it to Remains.

By the way, I think Charge of the Light Brigade was a good choice! There's a lot to write about it, you did well mate :smile:

I used poppies too thought I messed it up for a second :smile:
Most people did Remains and a few did Exposure, i know a guy who did the Emigrée (which i found very interesting) but i compared it to tissue, either gonna get really low marks for a weak link or really high marks for justifying a really difficult poem
I did english literature paper 2 today and was wondering what others have compared the war photographer poem to ?? I did charge of the light brigade and everyone has said its bad🤣
Original post by xspiren

By the way, I think Charge of the Light Brigade was a good choice! There's a lot to write about it, you did well mate :smile:

Thankyou, my main struggle was that i forgot the context but knew the basic outlines of the poem so i may get low marks i really dont know :/

Quick Reply