The Student Room Group

english literature paper 2

how did everyones exam go today and what poem did you link war photographer to ? i personally did poppies and my teacher said it was a very good poem to link it to
I did charge of the light brigade and im worried that it isnt a good poem to have compared ? Most people have done remains, exposure, poppies or london
Original post by Forrester445556
I did charge of the light brigade and im worried that it isnt a good poem to have compared ? Most people have done remains, exposure, poppies or london

i am really confused. i do edexcel and we were given War Photographer and I compared it to Exposure. Do you do AQA because we don't have a poem called 'remains'?
Original post by sloths5996
i am really confused. i do edexcel and we were given War Photographer and I compared it to Exposure. Do you do AQA because we don't have a poem called 'remains'?

Yeah i did AQA, ive seen a few poems from edexcel that ive never heard of so i guess they must study different ones
Yeah i did AQA, ive seen a few poems from edexcel that ive never heard of so i guess they must study different ones

thanks. I just thought that it was really strange that they both gave the same poem
actually now that i think about it, your War Photographer is by carole anne duffy and ours is by carole satyamurti
Original post by sloths5996
actually now that i think about it, your War Photographer is by carole anne duffy and ours is by carole satyamurti

Ohh think theyre the same tho ?
Honestly, it wasn't that bad because
> The Inspector Calls Question was fab - (Shelia One)
> The poem, i'm glad it wasn't any other poem because I haven't revised the other poems apart from Exposure. Which had made me feel glad because I compared both of it....
> Well the Unseen Poetry was okay - 1st question was fine until I did the second question, it got me confused.....

I did AQA if your wondering
i have just googled it and they are completely different :ahee:
No, your fine...… The charge of the light bridage is a war poem where the soldiers go to war..... also there are other people who have compared to bayonet charge which is also a war poem.....
There is someone in my year that I know who wrote about the charge of the light bridage….. so don't worry
I also do aqa
I compared War Photographer to Exposure. I also thought the AIC "Selfishness" question was easier , I did that one. ( AQA )
Original post by Keri00Summers
Honestly, it wasn't that bad because
> The Inspector Calls Question was fab - (Shelia One)
> The poem, i'm glad it wasn't any other poem because I haven't revised the other poems apart from Exposure. Which had made me feel glad because I compared both of it....
> Well the Unseen Poetry was okay - 1st question was fine until I did the second question, it got me confused.....

I did AQA if your wondering

Yeah i felt exactly the same about the questions besides from poetry, i just hope i did enough to pass 🤞🏼
Original post by Keri00Summers
No, your fine...… The charge of the light bridage is a war poem where the soldiers go to war..... also there are other people who have compared to bayonet charge which is also a war poem.....
There is someone in my year that I know who wrote about the charge of the light bridage….. so don't worry
I also do aqa

Ah thankyou, do you think kamikaze would of been a good poem aswell ? Like along the lines of memory because i was going to do that one but i thought id get bad marks /:
Did anyone else compare war photographer to bayonet charge?
So My English lit paper went well and I am happy with the exam. When I got home I was thinking about the poetry and realised that for the poetry question I used a quote from a different poem to the one I was talking about. I used it in one of my last paragraphs.... What will happen will the examiner just skip past this and give me no marks or will he take marks away or what? All the other paragraphs went well just that one half a paragraph where I used a quote from a different poem to the one I was talking about...
Original post by Becky_146
So My English lit paper went well and I am happy with the exam. When I got home I was thinking about the poetry and realised that for the poetry question I used a quote from a different poem to the one I was talking about. I used it in one of my last paragraphs.... What will happen will the examiner just skip past this and give me no marks or will he take marks away or what? All the other paragraphs went well just that one half a paragraph where I used a quote from a different poem to the one I was talking about...

The examiners arent likely to take marks away because they do positive marking but they will probably just not give you any marks for that one, hopefully it shouldn’t effect the overall grade too much because its only one paragraph
(edited 4 years ago)
A friend of mine did K so your fine...
Plus it also relates to the question
Ah thankyou, do you think kamikaze would of been a good poem aswell ? Like along the lines of memory because i was going to do that one but i thought id get bad marks /:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending