Scroll to see replies

please tell me you got 60 something for the final temperature
Reply 2
Original post by alexis7869
please tell me you got 60 something for the final temperature

lol i think so it was somewhere between 60+70
Original post by myth0000

did you also get 200 and something for the scale factor?
Reply 4
I got 62.7 for the final temperature
43.6 (🔺T) + 19.1 (initial temperature)
Reply 5
what was the topics of the questions that came up so i can make a mark scheme, i forgot most of em
Reply 6
Original post by TNOD333
43.6 (🔺T) + 19.1 (initial temperature)

yeah that seems right
what was the topics of the questions that came up so i can make a mark scheme, i forgot most of em

first question was they gave skeletal formulas and we had to identify that one was a ketone, acid and an aldehyde if i remember correctly, we had to give reagents to identify which would be which

we had a calculation which we had to find the final temperature and i got 60 something (not sure if its correct)

we had a question on methanol, and describe the effects of temperature, pressure and catalyst on the equilibrium yield, reaction rate and costs

last question in the multiple choice part was about infrared spectroscopy

enthalpy change of combustion as a calculation

why was isomer F the product that former the most instead of isomer E

we had a diagram to complete
Reply 8

Got 231.8 for the scale factor
Original post by TNOD333
43.6 (🔺T) 19.1 (initial temperature)

thank youuuu so much
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by TNOD333

yesssssssss i think you had to divide the two values to get it
Original post by TNOD333

what about for the enthalpy of combustion, hess’s law?
Reply 12
what about for the enthalpy of combustion, hess’s law?

Got -160 for enthalpy of combustion
Original post by TNOD333
Got -160 for enthalpy of combustion

do you remember anything else? answers you got for the other questions, what did you choose in the mutiple choice question infrared spectrum
Reply 14
do you remember anything else? answers you got for the other questions, what did you choose in the mutiple choice question infrared spectrum

To be honest I wasn’t well of for time and I pretty much spend 30 seconds or less on most multiple choice questions.
For the infrared spectroscopy I got B (the hydroxy one) not sure If its correct though
For the Hydrogen Bonding question, I got this

ffwwfwfwfwfwfwfwfwfwf.JPG

-For the Skeletal Acid structure, I got this

fwfwwf.JPG
There was a 6 mark question on preparing 250cm3 of acid solution. I believe what you did was to measure beaker with a balance, then measure the mass of the acid and beaker with the balance. Then take the second reading away from the first to get accurate mass. Then add distilled water to the beaker and stir with a glass rod until dissolved. Then add that to a 250cm3 volumetric flask. Then wash the beaker with distilled water again and transfer to the volumetric flask to ensure that all dissolved acid is in the flask. Then add distilled water to the flask until it reaches the line, then state that you need to read from the bottom of the meniscus.
There was also a question on CFCs and the Ozone layer depletion. it was split into (a) and (b):
(a) an initiation step for the CFC into the free radicals <-- 1 mark
(b) was this: •CL + O3 ->•CLO + O2
CLO + 03 -> 2O2 + •CL <-- 2 mark

also, on another note, I also got -160 for the combustion enthalpy question, around 200 and something scale factor, and got something in the high 60's for the final temperature.
Original post by TNOD333
To be honest I wasn’t well of for time and I pretty much spend 30 seconds or less on most multiple choice questions.
For the infrared spectroscopy I got B (the hydroxy one) not sure If its correct though

i also put down B because of the peaks
i also put down B because of the peaks

I think I put the Carboxylic Acid because it had a peak at O-H(alcohols) and at C=O but I could be wrong

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending