The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE English Literature Paper 2

What did everyone think about the unseen poems because I absolutely flopped out on them

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I didn’t have enough time to compare the two unseen poems. I struggled at first, but you could identify many language techniques in the poems. I don’t think it was too bad.
Reply 2
I think nerves got to me so badly ahh
Original post by Anthos
I didn’t have enough time to compare the two unseen poems. I struggled at first, but you could identify many language techniques in the poems. I don’t think it was too bad.
Don't worry, I flopped unseen too. :five:
Reply 4
Aha they were horrible!
Original post by RazzzBerries
Don't worry, I flopped unseen too. :five:
I'm not sure, I think I did well but knowing me I've probably failed 😂😅
Original post by XHannahR
Aha they were horrible!

I still don't know what 'Nobody' was about.
Original post by Anthos

i literally had 5 minutes to do the comparison in section c lol
oh how did you find geo?
Reply 8
If I’m 100% honest, neither. But everyone was saying it was easyyy😰

I still don't know what 'Nobody' was about.
If I’m 100% honest, neither. But everyone was saying it was easyyy😰

My school flopped too, we're good. :lol:
What did everyone think about the unseen poems because I absolutely flopped out on them

tbh i dont even want to talk about it literally i lost the plot about the exam and started waffling like a mad women...lol
Reply 11
Fingers crossed for low grade boundaries and an amazing examiner please agh😂
My school flopped too, we're good. :lol:
Reply 12
I do Classics too and the first thing I thought of when I saw the first unseen poem was ‘omg Epicureanism’ then I read Harry as ‘Horace’ instead like ffs
Reply 13
I actually somehow got time to do the unseen which wasn’t really that hard. Overall my school did great I bet grade boundaries will be mid-high because that was not a hard paper
yes and also time got to me because i spend most time on inspector calls maybe about an HOUR!!! god i am so stupid and then for the section be spend about 35-40 minutes again stupid and then section c....i was lost and baffed what the ell was the poem nobody my god i cant even......
I think nerves got to me so badly ahh
I have small handwriting and spent the entire exam worrying about whether the examiner would be able to read it whilst still writing small 🙃
For the 8marker in unseen I compared the context of the poem and the structure, and I don’t think I did the method, will I still get marks ?
You should, but you will be capped at around 5-6. May I ask how you wrote about the context of the poem?
that is still good you never know you might get more marks
Original post by Arman132
You should, but you will be capped at around 5-6. May I ask how you wrote about the context of the poem?
yall still doing gcse. while i be completing my firts honour of pension

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending