The Student Room Group

Business Btec Unit 3 how did everyone do

Hi what did everyone get on the paper and how did you all find it
Personal all I thought it was a bit hard but idk it went okay

Scroll to see replies

Same I felt it was kinda hard as well, I liked the questions about the citizens advice and the retained profits questions + a few others i can't remember
Reply 2
It was harder than last years paper😭They should lower the grade boundaries
Reply 3
Yh I know for the equation questions
I had 2 for mark up
66.6 for profit margin
116 for something else forgot alot of them
Omggg thats exactly what i got but i'm not sure the last one
Reply 5
i found the 2 marker questions on the first page kinda hard but the 10 - 12 markers i found were easy.
for the mark up do you not have to times it by 100 so its 200?
Original post by Macaulay15
Yh I know for the equation questions
I had 2 for mark up
66.6 for profit margin
116 for something else forgot alot of them
Reply 7
It was hard 😭😭
yes you can write it as a percentage so 200% or write 2 i personally wrote 200 as well x
Original post by emilly221
for the mark up do you not have to times it by 100 so its 200?
Reply 9
Answers to these? (They are in random order)

1) Types of financial businesses?
2) Pros of pawnbrokers to consumers
3) Pros of CHAPS
4) Advantages and disadvantages of store card?
5) Breakeven answer?
6) Using retained profits and being in a overdraft of £5000 (12.5%)
7) Which ISA is most suitable for Hakim?
The personal finance stuff was actually harder than I was expecting, I spent almost an hour on that *female dog*.
Seriously the paper was just like 80% long answer questions 20% actual maths, like what was the point of learning all those ratios and formulas.
pawnbrokers- quick way of acquiring cash needed for short period of time, no interest charged
Types of financial business- im not quite sure but i gave a wild guess and wrote banks/building societies :/
Pros of Chaps- didn't even know what it was lol, but anyways i wrote quick and fast for transferring funds one off and no need to sign up. might sound stupid but lemme tell ya those 2/4 markers were considerably harder than the big questions in my opinion.
Advantages of store card- Basically off you benefits such as loyalty rewards that can contain discounts, saves money and i think i wrote one more and for disadvantages i simply wrote they are only restricted to the specific department store so Sam wont benefit when making purchases in other stores for value as the source states he researches before going ahead with payments.
Breakeven- The one im really scared about easy question, which i felt like i bottled. I got something like 16500 shirts i think 😬 Hope im right.
ISA HAKIM one- explained each one and opted for the royal bank in end and gave my opinion.

Original post by Jathun
Answers to these? (They are in random order)

1) Types of financial businesses?
2) Pros of pawnbrokers to consumers
3) Pros of CHAPS
4) Advantages and disadvantages of store card?
5) Breakeven answer?
6) Using retained profits and being in a overdraft of £5000 (12.5%)
7) Which ISA is most suitable for Hakim?
Exactly bro! paper got me stressed i need that Distinction so badly!!
Original post by LeMetalhead
The personal finance stuff was actually harder than I was expecting, I spent almost an hour on that *female dog*.
Seriously the paper was just like 80% long answer questions 20% actual maths, like what was the point of learning all those ratios and formulas.
At least i'm not the only one that found it hard :biggrin:
hm did u find it extremely hard or?
Original post by ManLykAbz
At least i'm not the only one that found it hard :biggrin:
Did anyone else feel that we weren't given enough time? I only had about 5 mins left for the last 12 mark question...
Yeah timing is really tight in the exam. I literally had around 12 mins to complete last 3 question, which i had to rush through. Were there any questions which particularly stood out for you?
Original post by emilly221
Did anyone else feel that we weren't given enough time? I only had about 5 mins left for the last 12 mark question...
I was very lost on the question where it shows the difference between the business not making notebooks and them making notebooks. I completely forgot what current ratio and liquid capital ratio meant so I just had to guess as I didn't have time to think.
All of you are stupid your teacher didn't teach you well my g.Stop moaning and crying. Blame this on your teacher yung buck. Well our school all got merits and distinctions. Peace out g
I was retaking this because I got a merit in the last one , this was ten times harder though , what did people get for intangible capital expenditure ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending