The Student Room Group

Maths exam

I’m aiming for an 8 and made so many mistakes and think I got 47 marks
I need to smash paper 2/3 is it possible I’m so worried
yes it possible
What exam board are you doing and what marks is out of?
Reply 3
Edexcel 80
Original post by PetitePanda
What exam board are you doing and what marks is out of?
Yeah definitely possible - practise the topics that didn’t come up over half term and good luck!
Reply 5
Thanks man
I easily could of got 65 marks I’m really annoyed

Original post by imogen28
Yeah definitely possible - practise the topics that didn’t come up over half term and good luck!
Original post by Dmkajahsh
Edexcel 80

If you work hard, I think you could but idk how hard edexcel is
Last year it was 170/240 for an 8
Assuming it rises lets say by 5 marks you wll need a miniumum of 175 marks.
175-47=128
128/2=64 marks on each of the next two tests in order to get an 8
In other words you want to be aiming for mid 60 to low 70 in the next two tests.
Hope this was helpful :colondollar:
dw i flopped my first paper and got a 7. would u be happy with a 7? i actually probs made more mistakes than u (totally flopped the paper due to nerves). make sure u realllyyyy revise for this papers and calm down and mentally prepare for them(literally just remind urself u have a maths exam)
Reply 9
i'm in the same situation tbh apart from the fact that I think I got like 15 marks because I panicked so much and ran out of time :frown: so paper 2/3 are my only options to do well , does anyone recommend mathswatch?
Reply 10
Original post by ggxsywes
dw i flopped my first paper and got a 7. would u be happy with a 7? i actually probs made more mistakes than u (totally flopped the paper due to nerves). make sure u realllyyyy revise for this papers and calm down and mentally prepare for them(literally just remind urself u have a maths exam)

No I reallly want an 8 imao inshallah I’m gonna work super hard and calm the heck down
i know u want an 8 but tell urself a 7 would be just as good (this would make getting an 8 easier because less pressure)
idk if this means lowering ur standards lol i think of it as being nice to urself
No I reallly want an 8 imao inshallah I’m gonna work super hard and calm the heck down
Reply 12
Hmmm I just gotta work extra hard
i know u want an 8 but tell urself a 7 would be just as good (this would make getting an 8 easier because less pressure)
idk if this means lowering ur standards lol i think of it as being nice to urself
yesss do a lot of practice questions and stuff. idk what to reccomend but u'll get it :bhangra:
Hmmm I just gotta work extra hard
Reply 14
Thanks manimage.jpg
yesss do a lot of practice questions and stuff. idk what to reccomend but u'll get it :bhangra:

Thanks
Thanks man
I easily could of got 65 marks I’m really annoyed

Just smash the others, you got this :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest