The Student Room Group

Edexcel IAL Biology unit 2 May 2019 (New spec)

Hello guys, the biology unit 2 exam is this Friday May 24th so just starting a thread as usual.
How's revision going? Any predictions on the core practical that could come?

Scroll to see replies

im soo gonna die
Reply 2
Original post by Ailurophile03
im soo gonna die

Why what's up? 😅
Original post by ameer10
Why what's up? 😅

my bio prep is sooo bad
Reply 4
my bio prep is sooo bad

Check the specification and underline what you're lacking. It'll help you a lot. Tick off the specs you think you're confident in. Learn from past papers as well and learn exam technique. That's the most important part in biology.
Original post by ameer10
Check the specification and underline what you're lacking. It'll help you a lot. Tick off the specs you think you're confident in. Learn from past papers as well and learn exam technique. That's the most important part in biology.

i dont think i have time to grasp the exam technique
do u have any full model answers?
Reply 6
i dont think i have time to grasp the exam technique
do u have any full model answers?

I honestly don't. Try asking for notes from your classmates and check on YouTube
Reply 7
Guyssss do you have any predictions or new things you know might come up??? Cuz I feel like Edexcel are gonna be cheeky af
Reply 8
Original post by Exzura
Guyssss do you have any predictions or new things you know might come up??? Cuz I feel like Edexcel are gonna be cheeky af

I think tensile strength could come.. either that or testing for antimicrobial properties. (Just a feeling)
Reply 9
I like to think that biodiversity, all those Topic 4 ish topics will come up. Maybe epigenetics too
Have you done the sample assessment? What're your marks like? Mine's around 50-55.
Reply 11
Original post by StringerP
Have you done the sample assessment? What're your marks like? Mine's around 50-55.

Not yet. I'm gonna attempt it soon.
Reply 12
Everyone, how was the paper ?
Hi guys, I have found a link to the unofficial mark scheme- this can be found by googling "Dream Believe Achieve" and clicking on the link for the education hub.
goood
im alive
Reply 15
honestly, it was kind of similar to the past papers, but it was pretty easy to get people to do careless mistakes, an example would be me lmao i've probably lost a good 10 marks all the careless mistakes due to calculations. The grade boundaries would probably be high for this one, considering some of the questions were quite okay compared to unit 1
can you send the link? can't find it
Original post by mrandrews
Hi guys, I have found a link to the unofficial mark scheme- this can be found by googling "Dream Believe Achieve" and clicking on the link for the education hub.
How was it for you guys?
Do you think it was difficult?
Any grade boundaries predictions?
what came up on the test? was there a lot of plants?
Very little, most were multiple choice or short answers. Marks were placed heavily in ecology.
Original post by biochem3
what came up on the test? was there a lot of plants?

Quick Reply

Latest