The Student Room Group

AQA AS Biology 2019 Paper 2 Unofficial Mark Scheme

The sequel was not as good as the original.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
same
How did everyone find the exam?
please tell me you did not find the paper easy
Absolute shambles from aqa 30 % actual biology 60% ******** and practicals 10 % calculations
The answer to that is no relevant topics to A level biology 😪
Original post by gcsestudent26
what topics were on this paper?
Reply 6
Half of my class thought it was easier, while the other half thought it was terrible. Well done AQA! Even when I managed to guess most of what would be on the exam, it still managed to **** us over completely!
No. No i did not. Fortunately, I think i did really well in the first paper 45-50 /80 so if the grade bounds are around 52-63 % I think I'll be alright

Original post by alexis7869
please tell me you did not find the paper easy
Original post by No_Coke_Only_Ice
No. No i did not. Fortunately, I think i did really well in the first paper 45-50 /80 so if the grade bounds are around 52-63 % I think I'll be alright

thank god because i also thought paper 1 was nicer as well
What came up in the paper what topics and did any practical came up
Original post by Omega01
Half of my class thought it was easier, while the other half thought it was terrible. Well done AQA! Even when I managed to guess most of what would be on the exam, it still managed to **** us over completely!
Was the test that bad
What came up in the test
The sequel was not as good as the original.
I think it was easier compare to module 1 for sure!
What came up
Original post by nessyioa
I think it was easier compare to module 1 for sure!
There was a lot of questions for biodiversity,cortical reaction the hardy weigbberg principle few multiple question on cells thats all i can remember 😂
Some stuff on DNA replication and single strands, nucleotides. Functions of ions, including iron. Transport across membranes, and the effect of the membrane. Digestion of proteins. Plants and cohesion-tension theory. Haemoglobin and oxygen affinity.
Original post by Hani130313
What came up in the paper what topics and did any practical came up
Did anyone get 111 days for the one of antibodies and meningitis?
How did people answer the last two questions on roles of Fe, Na and Phosphate ions, and membranes affecting transport?
I thought it went really well apart from the question on the two scientists who discovered DNA helicase or something.. what the hell was that??
Na plays a very important role in active transport & co-transport. Sodium pump etc etc.
Fe2 ions in haemoglobin are what oxygen molecules associate with for transport.
Phosphate ions are very important as they make up ATP. and bond DNA to each other.

At least this is what I wrote.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Omega01
Did anyone get 111 days for the one of antibodies and meningitis?
How did people answer the last two questions on roles of Fe, Na and Phosphate ions, and membranes affecting transport?

I got 111 too
For that q I put
Na- co transport
Fe- haemoglobin
PO4- I think I put phospholipids it something xD
Obvs I described them in depth
I put pretty much the same thing. It seems like a bad question though because Iron has more of an indirect effect on cells. Feel like this question is going to be a discriminatory question.
Na plays a very important role in active transport. Sodium pump etc etc.
Fe2 ions in haemoglobin are what oxygen molecules associate with for transport.
Phosphate ions are very important as they make up ATP. and bond DNA to each other.

At least this is what I wrote.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending