The Student Room Group

Aqa A level Sociology Paper 1 2019

Does anyone have any predictions about what could come up in paper 1 this year?
i reckon ethnicity will come up as a 30 marker bc they’ve only ever asked about it in a 4 marker, questionnaires as the 20 marker and a research method question as the 10 marker
Reply 2
Original post by vn1708
i reckon ethnicity will come up as a 30 marker bc they’ve only ever asked about it in a 4 marker, questionnaires as the 20 marker and a research method question as the 10 marker

Do you have any predictions for what will come up in paper 2?
yes does anyone have any predictions on what could come up for paper 2 AQA??
Original post by andrea_p
i can't believe my predictions were right lol! its harder to predict for paper 2, but if you do families and households - couples/family diversity, beliefs - theories/ideology and science
Reply 5
Original post by vn1708
i can't believe my predictions were right lol! its harder to predict for paper 2, but if you do families and households - couples/family diversity, beliefs - theories/ideology and science

Yeah i was amazed when you actually guessed what would come up in paper 1 😅. Anyway how did you find the paper? i think it actually went well and the questions were nice.
when i came out the exam i felt good, but my confidence levels are decreasing :/ but hopefully it should be alright bc i wrote an ethnicity essay the night before... paper 2 tomorrow and i don’t feel too great about it.
Yeah i was amazed when you actually guessed what would come up in paper 1 😅. Anyway how did you find the paper? i think it actually went well and the questions were nice.
Reply 7
Original post by vn1708
when i came out the exam i felt good, but my confidence levels are decreasing :/ but hopefully it should be alright bc i wrote an ethnicity essay the night before... now we have paper 2 and i don’t feel good about it

Neither do I! My confidence level is also decreasing! I am really tired of studying now and i can barely make myself revise 😒. I really hope the questions tomorrow will be easy.
Those negative thoughts got to the better of me, and i ended up missing out 20 marks even though i knew the answers and i ran out of time. Feeling more positive about paper 3 now, gotta boost my grade. How was yours?
Neither do I! My confidence level is also decreasing! I am really tired of studying now and i can barely make myself revise 😒. I really hope the questions tomorrow will be easy.
Reply 9
Original post by vn1708
Those negative thoughts got to the better of me, and i ended up missing out 20 marks even though i knew the answers and i ran out of time. Feeling more positive about paper 3 now, gotta boost my grade. How was yours?

Paper 2 was alright but i feel like i waffled a lot on the first 10 marker and I definitely lost some marks. I hope paper 3 is better.
Me too, but I have a feeling it’s going to be the worst! I’m so disappointed in myself :frown:
Paper 2 was alright but i feel like i waffled a lot on the first 10 marker and I definitely lost some marks. I hope paper 3 is better.
Reply 11
Original post by vn1708
Me too, but I have a feeling it’s going to be the worst! I’m so disappointed in myself :frown:

Dont think so negative. I am sure you have done just fine and you will pass and get a good grade. 😊
Yeah, I'm a lot more optimistic now :smile: i wanted an A, but i'll so happy with a B anyways. One more to go!!!
Dont think so negative. I am sure you have done just fine and you will pass and get a good grade. 😊
Reply 13
Original post by vn1708
Yeah, I'm a lot more optimistic now :smile: i wanted an A, but i'll so happy with a B anyways. One more to go!!!

Yeah i can relate to that! I was so motivated to get an A as well but i am being more realistic now! I will be very happy with a B now. Lets be honest a B is not that bad either and I can still get into the uni that i want with a B as well.
Random question but I can’t find the answer anywhere.. does any know if Hobbs and Dunningham (globalisation and crime) are new right?? 😂
yeah! a B is still so good, i’m actually learning sociology in one year, so i’m still struggling to find the best revision strategies, do you have any revision tips?
Yeah i can relate to that! I was so motivated to get an A as well but i am being more realistic now! I will be very happy with a B now. Lets be honest a B is not that bad either and I can still get into the uni that i want with a B as well.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by vn1708
yeah! a B is still so good! i actually only took sociology in this past year, i’m still struggling to find the best revision strategies, do you have any revision tips?

Well what i liked to do is to just read the book and make some notes and underlying important things or using coloured pens and drawing some diagrams or making mind maps. What i’ve also been doing lately is watching revision videos on youtube because is better than just reading the book.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending