The Student Room Group

AQA A-level Physics Paper 3 - 3 June 2019 [Exam Discussion]

This poll is closed

AQA A-level Physics Paper 3 - How did it go for you?

Went great!10%
Alright40%
Not great23%
Disappointing11%
Catastrophic even by paper 3 standards16%
Total votes: 624
Hey everyone. This is the discussion thread for physics paper 3

So this is on the 3rd of June, it's the paper on practical skills plus whatever option you're doing.

Here you can find some practice questions for practical skills, very handy because they're hard to come by. Thanks to @xipo7101 for finding these!

https://www.tes.com/teaching-resource/aqa-a-level-physics-7407-7408-paper-3-practical-questions-and-mark-scheme-11476463

Links to other exam threads:
Paper 1
Paper 2
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sinnoh
Discussion thread for paper 3! So this is on the 3rd of June, it's the paper on practical skills plus whatever option you're doing.

Practical skills is painful - I'm glad that last year it was 23/45 for an A. Anyone have any tips on how to revise the practical skills bits?
Reply 2
Original post by blootle456
Practical skills is painful - I'm glad that last year it was 23/45 for an A. Anyone have any tips on how to revise the practical skills bits?

Yeah I got 19 total in the practical section in my mock. I'm planning on using the Questions by topic section on PMT for practical skills. Might do a comprehensive write-up of my required practicals too because at this stage I don't think I can be given a pass for the practical element 😬
Reply 3
We're in the end game now.
Reply 4
How are you lot revising for section A?
old physics unit 3/unit 6 papers, new AS paper 2, and obv new paper 3 papers.
Original post by j.1.2
How are you lot revising for section A?
(edited 4 years ago)
Anyone doing astro option?
Reply 7
Original post by wfreferferf
Anyone doing astro option?

Yo
Reply 8
Guys I have a question
For the advantages of nuclear power I put:

1) a small amount of nuclear power produces a large amount of electricity
2) can be useful in medical examinations and a radiation transmitter can be place in the body to find any problems
3) can be useful for finding leaks such as injecting a radioactive tracer into pipes to find the source of the leak.

Would I get any marks out of 3? 😭
Reply 9
Original post by i.rai
Guys I have a question
For the advantages of nuclear power I put:

1) a small amount of nuclear power produces a large amount of electricity
2) can be useful in medical examinations and a radiation transmitter can be place in the body to find any problems
3) can be useful for finding leaks such as injecting a radioactive tracer into pipes to find the source of the leak.

Would I get any marks out of 3? 😭

Wrong thread but...

You'd get 1, for that first one you put. They wanted the advantages of using nuclear energy as a means of energy production, you just listed two irrelevant uses.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 10
Damn it. Thanks for replying
Original post by Sinnoh
Wrong thread but...

You'd get 1, for that first one you put. They wanted the advantages of using nuclear energy as a means of energy production, you just listed two irrelevant uses.
Reply 11
If I average 65-70% in physics, do you reckon i can get a B?
Original post by Sinnoh
Wrong thread but...

Reply 12
Original post by i.rai
If I average 65-70% in physics, do you reckon i can get a B?

Going off the past grade boundaries that's more akin to an A
Reply 13
You reckon the grade boundaries will stay roughly the same?
Original post by Sinnoh
Going off the past grade boundaries that's more akin to an A
Reply 14
Original post by i.rai
You reckon the grade boundaries will stay roughly the same?

Not much to go on. Personally I'm expecting them to be a little higher this year than before, but I could very easily be wrong.
I hope they’re lower by making this paper 3 a bit harder. Also although the papers were easier in theory, many people bombed the papers because it was so different from the questions we normally see. So I hope it’s low
After bombing paper 1 and 2, I’m aiming to get 70% on this paper to get a pass 💀💀
that's so relatable, it's painful
Original post by Alayna1234
After bombing paper 1 and 2, I’m aiming to get 70% on this paper to get a pass 💀💀
If i got around 55% on Paper 1, 45% Paper2, can I still get B/A if I master the paper3?
Original post by Agzamkrut
If i got around 55% on Paper 1, 45% Paper2, can I still get B/A if I master the paper3?

I think you can get a B but not sure about an A because you need consistent score of 60-65% on all papers to get an A but who knows it depends on how everyone did in the exams

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending