Computer Science OCR AS Level Paper 2 24/05/2019

How did everyone find the paper?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
so-so

paper 1 was an 8/10
paper 2 was a 5/10
Yeah paper 2 was harder
What did everyone do for the last question for fullStop?

After creating the procedure, opening the file etc I used a for loop and a while loop inside of that to check the spaces. Did anyone else do that?
Reply 4
Original post by howtochangename
What did everyone do for the last question for fullStop?

After creating the procedure, opening the file etc I used a for loop and a while loop inside of that to check the spaces. Did anyone else do that?

I did the same
For the question about deQueue, could you just write the pseudocode out and explain it ?
(edited 4 years ago)
When it said to write out the insertion sort and bubble sort did you just perform the sort?
Original post by MrRhino
I did the same
Reply 7
Original post by Ryan0887
When it said to write out the insertion sort and bubble sort did you just perform the sort?

Performed the sort yes except for the second half of the bubble sort one that asked for an algorithm
yeah, that's what I did, I was panicking that you had to explain it and I miss read it but thank god you didn't.
Original post by MrRhino
Performed the sort yes except for the second half of the bubble sort one that asked for an algorithm
For the question about deQueue, could you just write the pseudocode out and explain it ?
yeah, that's what I did, I was panicking that you had to explain it and I miss read it but thank god you didn't.
Reply 10

Wasn’t it enQueue?
I thought it was deQueue
Original post by MrRhino
Wasn’t it enQueue?
Reply 12

It was an ‘explain’ question so I wrote about checking that the queue wasn’t full using the pointers, then incrementing the end pointer by one and appending the item to the position of the end pointer
Reply 13
I thought it was deQueue

Well sh*t - either way you had to write about one of them aha
Reply 14
Hey guys if its not too much to ask can someone just give me a brief summary of the precise topics that came up in Paper 1 and 2 as I am an A Level student who has his first H446/01 exam on the 3rd. If you can list it out in bullet points I'd be really grateful.
Reply 15
I thought it was deQueue

Just checked with two guys from my school and they said it was enQueue
Well, I wrote the pseudocode out and wrote annotations for each part. Explained each point.
Original post by MrRhino
It was an ‘explain’ question so I wrote about checking that the queue wasn’t full using the pointers, then incrementing the end pointer by one and appending the item to the position of the end pointer
Reply 17
What was the full question about deQueue? Do you remember at all?
Well, I wrote the pseudocode out and wrote annotations for each part. Explained each point.
Maybe it was I just forgot, I basically said check if it's full and then decrement rear
and the pseudocode:
PROCEDURE AddToQueue (item):
IF ((front-rear) + 1) == max THEN
queueFull = True
ELSE
rear = rear - 1
queue[rear] = item
ENDIF
ENDPROCEDURE
Original post by MrRhino
Just checked with two guys from my school and they said it was enQueue
What did you say for the abstractions?